I feel like I'm getting divorced...
With all due respect to those on this forum who have actually underwent divorce, I am really having a hard time going through this breakup. Thank the good Lord we never had sex, or this would be even harder.

I am slowly moving all of my things out of his apartment, all the nice little things I bought because I thought that we would make this place our home and maybe even have a few children in it. All the pictures of us. All the plates and bowls we used to share meals on. All the furniture we snuggled on. These are just things, but it feels terrible dropping loads of my former life off at Goodwill. They are symbols of a life I hoped to have with this man and never will.

He is moving back to the East coast, where he is from and where he has always wanted to return ever since moving to the Midwest. He says that he just needs time to sort all of this out, and that we're not officially over yet, and that he'll probably come back to me after he's figured things out at home. But I know this isn't true. I know I am never going to see him again.

Even the simplest little things remind me of him. I'm even terrified to go shopping because there are so many songs in the stores that were "our songs." Silly, isn't it. Places where we had dates. Movies we laughed at together.

I am moving too. I am leaving my home state and going to live with my aunt in Kansas City. I am trying to start over. I might even sign up for Catholic Match.

I keep asking myself what I did wrong. What I could have done differently. How I could have made him want me. You just can't make people love you, no matter how much you love them.

Please keep me in your prayers. I truly need them. And if there are any single Catholic men between the ages of 25 and 30 out there, message me. I know I sound like damaged goods but I really do have a lot to offer. Oh that didn't sound desperate at all now did it....

St. Mary of Egypt, Ora Pro Nobis!

(04-02-2018, 11:35 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: With all due respect to those on this forum who have actually underwent divorce, I am really having a hard time going through this breakup. Thank the good Lord we never had sex, or this would be even harder.

I am slowly moving all of my things out of his apartment, all the nice little things I bought because I thought that we would make this place our home and maybe even have a few children in it. All the pictures of us. All the plates and bowls we used to share meals on. All the furniture we snuggled on. These are just things, but it feels terrible dropping loads of my former life off at Goodwill. They are symbols of a life I hoped to have with this man and never will.

He is moving back to the East coast, where he is from and where he has always wanted to return ever since moving to the Midwest. He says that he just needs time to sort all of this out, and that we're not officially over yet, and that he'll probably come back to me after he's figured things out at home. But I know this isn't true. I know I am never going to see him again.

Even the simplest little things remind me of him. I'm even terrified to go shopping because there are so many songs in the stores that were "our songs." Silly, isn't it. Places where we had dates. Movies we laughed at together.

I am moving too. I am leaving my home state and going to live with my aunt in Kansas City. I am trying to start over. I might even sign up for Catholic Match.

I keep asking myself what I did wrong. What I could have done differently. How I could have made him want me. You just can't make people love you, no matter how much you love them.

Please keep me in your prayers. I truly need them. And if there are any single Catholic men between the ages of 25 and 30 out there, message me. I know I sound like damaged goods but I really do have a lot to offer. Oh that didn't sound desperate at all now did it....

Shucks, too old. Catholic gentlemen (or sanctified rascals), you have your mission--message her.

Really, I understand what you are going through, so I can say--from experience--it sucks.
I will be praying for you. Having gone through divorce, I can appreciate how you feel. Even tho' my wife and I have reconciled, I'm still reminded daily of the turmoil I went through. Little things, like the pizza pan that I remember from 'before'.

One thing to keep in mind is that KC has three Traditional Parishes, FSSP, ICKSP, and SSPX. I used to belong to the FSSP Parish and I still have several friends there. It's a warm, vibrant, loving group of solid Catholics.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

SacraCor714,
you will be in our prayers here. The breakup of a longstanding relationship is indeed difficult, painful, fraught with sensations of loss. Offer up your sorrow, in union with His. Like you said, start a new life in KYC. Leave all the rest behind.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
You will be in my prayers as you have been. I feel your pain on this one as I am currently going through a civil divorce (so thankful for the Pauline privilege I was informed about) and it's been a bit heartbreaking. I'm here as a vent if you need someone to just unleash your emotions onto as I know sometimes that helps.

Hopefully, you can take sometime before jumping back into a relationship to really clear your head on all of this. That way, when/if you decide to enter into another relationship, you can do so without the emotional baggage of this previous one. You deserve someone who will cherish you, protect you, and grow in faith with you. I'm sure you'll find him, but don't lose yourself in the search (if that makes any sense).

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. You will get through this. Life will be wonderful again. It just takes some time.
I am in the process of discerning my vocation with the help of my priest. If you would like to read my thoughts as I progress through this process of discernment feel free to visit my blog: https://walkingthelittleway.com
(04-02-2018, 11:35 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: With all due respect to those on this forum who have actually underwent divorce, I am really having a hard time going through this breakup. Thank the good Lord we never had sex, or this would be even harder.

Peace....yes, it is painful and many of us have experienced this kind of pain.  It can be part of maturing but also keep in mind to be God-centered and open to what He has planned for you.  God bless, angeltime :heart: