Stop attending the Novus Ordo?
(04-16-2018, 05:51 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 05:05 PM)gracemary5 Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 05:02 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: Profound religious experiences happen across cultures and religions and can even somewhat be induced by drugs. Other than faith that ones religion happens to be truer than someone else's experience is just experience. I suppose that's why following feelings and experiences are frowned  upon in the traditional Christian spiritual life. Even the devil can come as an angel of light.

i had those aforementioned "experiences" for lack of a better word for ONE reason and one only

I was with JESUS

who shows us the true condition of our souls... who knows us, whereas others don't have a clue..

etc...etc

Protestants would claim their religious experiences came from an intimate personal union with Jesus, as well.

Again, I am not saying your experiences were false, but they are your experiences, and do not a logical argument make, precisely because others do have false experience. That is why anecdotes cannot form the basis for any serious argument.

I like beer, especially the Belgian sort. I have had some profoundly "spiritual" experiences with some rather tasty beer (and cheese), proof, in my book that God exists and wants men to be happy. Still, my own experience is not going to pass the logic test of an atheist when it comes to proving God exists, or the immortality of the soul, etc.

Edited to add : A perfect example is Medjugorje. It is clear that these apparitions are false, yet they appear to come from Mary and seers who claimed to see Our Lady. They did not, but I am sure some are convinced they did.
Peace.....my understanding is that with spiritual experiences of the Lord and His Blessed Mother, come profound conviction of faith and in some cases, a profound conversion where the individual's life is completely changed and focused on God and the things of God.  (the deepening of the faith experience does not diminish).  These experiences can be for the individual but also for the world - a warning, a consolation, a miracle/sign.  A person of good discernment from the hierarchy of the Church would have to show proof of the apparitions being true, just as they would also have to show proof they are false.  Has that been done for Medjugorie?  God bless, angeltime Heart
(04-16-2018, 05:51 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: I like beer, especially the Belgian sort. 
Not to derail the thread, but have you ever had Delirium Tremens, from the Huyghe Brewery in Melle, East Flanders? Talk about a profound spiritual experience!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • formerbuddhist, MagisterMusicae
(04-16-2018, 11:13 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 05:51 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: I like beer, especially the Belgian sort. 
Not to derail the thread, but have you ever had Delirium Tremens, from the Huyghe Brewery in Melle, East Flanders? Talk about a profound spiritual experience!

Yes!

Some nice homemade fennel-infused Swedish Meatballs plus bacon-lime-cilantro charred Brussel sprouts (to make it a great pun as well) were the paring ... and a heavenly paring, that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MagisterMusicae's post:
  • jovan66102