Pope/Jesuits
Peace....I was wondering if the Jesuit Order can make a claim on P Fr. if a percentage of them believe him to be incompetent?  I don't think he stops being a Jesuit even though he is P.  How many Popes have been in an Order?  I don't think any others, correct?  There may be a loophole somehow.....
God bless, angeltime :heart:
(04-10-2018, 06:06 PM)angeltime Wrote: Peace....I was wondering if the Jesuit Order can make a claim on P Fr. if a percentage of them believe him to be incompetent?  I don't think he stops being a Jesuit even though he is P.  How many Popes have been in an Order?  I don't think any others, correct?  There may be a loophole somehow.....

1) The Jesuits, as an Institute, make Francis look like a Traditionalist. 2) Several Popes have been members of an Order, but never of the Jesuits, for a very good reason. Their Constitutions forbid them from seeking advancement in the Church. Only at the order of a Superior can they accept a Bishopric, the Cardinalate, etc. Francis' of course had no Pope to say yea or nay, and as for his Jesuits Superiors, see #1, so he became Pope.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(04-10-2018, 08:53 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(04-10-2018, 06:06 PM)angeltime Wrote: Peace....I was wondering if the Jesuit Order can make a claim on P Fr. if a percentage of them believe him to be incompetent?  I don't think he stops being a Jesuit even though he is P.  How many Popes have been in an Order?  I don't think any others, correct?  There may be a loophole somehow.....

1) The Jesuits, as an Institute, make Francis look like a Traditionalist. 2) Several Popes have been members of an Order, but never of the Jesuits, for a very good reason. Their Constitutions forbid them from seeking advancement in the Church. Only at the order of a Superior can they accept a Bishopric, the Cardinalate, etc. Francis' of course had no Pope to say yea or nay, and as for his Jesuits Superiors, see #1, so he became Pope.
Peace.....I think there has to be suffering in silence somewhere, Jesuits who do not agree with what is happening - and one I can think of is Fr Mitch Pacwa on EWTN.  I haven't heard him speak for a while now, but remember he was very firm/solid about Church teachings.....Hopefully he hasn't mellowed!  God bless, angeltime :heart:
(04-10-2018, 08:59 PM)angeltime Wrote: Peace.....I think there has to be suffering in silence somewhere, Jesuits who do not agree with what is happening - and one I can think of is Fr Mitch Pacwa on EWTN.  I haven't heard him speak for a while now, but remember he was very firm/solid about Church teachings.....Hopefully he hasn't mellowed!  God bless, angeltime :heart:

Oh, there are, indeed, a few orthodox Jesuits left, but they're not in the leadership, and they are a tiny, tiny minority in the Institute.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(04-10-2018, 09:38 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(04-10-2018, 08:59 PM)angeltime Wrote: Peace.....I think there has to be suffering in silence somewhere, Jesuits who do not agree with what is happening - and one I can think of is Fr Mitch Pacwa on EWTN.  I haven't heard him speak for a while now, but remember he was very firm/solid about Church teachings.....Hopefully he hasn't mellowed!  God bless, angeltime :heart:

Oh, there are, indeed, a few orthodox Jesuits left, but they're not in the leadership, and they are a tiny, tiny minority in the Institute.
Peace.....sad, they are being taken advantage of in their elder years!  God bless, angeltime :heart: