Barriers to come down
Peace.....I remember about 25 yrs ago or so, in the area I am living, that the Bishops were instructing Monastic Orders to come out - one of the reasons is because there was a shortage of priests and sisters and they wanted them to be more involved in parish ministry.  The other reason the Bishops gave, was that they did not want barriers between their people.  These instructions and changes were given to the Carmelites, Franciscans, and Precious Blood Orders in this area.  I did know a few Sisters then that left their Order completely after this change, saying it was not the life they professed to.  So, this new exhortation just put out by P Fr. stating that Contemplative Orders are not healthy - could be based on this idea from the past.  

I do agree still though, that there can be communication probs either in the way information is stated or interpreted to us.  This can't be an excuse though; there has to be accuracy in these matters of communication, interpretation and publication.  

God bless, angeltime :heart:
My quote in the other thread is the official English translation taken from the Vatican website. Those are Francis' words, and I see no problem in seeing that he has insulted the contemplative Orders and the Saints they have produced. As I said in yet another thread on the matter, does this mean his next target will be the contemplative Orders, if he succeeds in destroying the Order of Malta and the FFI?
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • HailGilbert
(04-12-2018, 08:09 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: My quote in the other thread is the official English translation taken from the Vatican website. Those are Francis' words, and I see no problem in seeing that he has insulted the contemplative Orders and the Saints they have produced. As I said in yet another thread on the matter, does this mean his next target will be the contemplative Orders, if he succeeds in destroying the Order of Malta and the FFI?
Peace.....there was an excellent interview tonight on Worldover News with Raymond Arroyo, Fr Gerald and Robert Royal covering this topic and others in this exhortation.  They are blunt and see/state the errors being put out to the people.  God bless, angeltime :heart:
(04-12-2018, 07:46 PM)angeltime Wrote: Peace.....I remember about 25 yrs ago or so, in the area I am living, that the Bishops were instructing Monastic Orders to come out - one of the reasons is because there was a shortage of priests and sisters and they wanted them to be more involved in parish ministry.  The other reason the Bishops gave, was that they did not want barriers between their people.  These instructions and changes were given to the Carmelites, Franciscans, and Precious Blood Orders in this area.  I did know a few Sisters then that left their Order completely after this change, saying it was not the life they professed to.  So, this new exhortation just put out by P Fr. stating that Contemplative Orders are not healthy - could be based on this idea from the past.  

I do agree still though, that there can be communication probs either in the way information is stated or interpreted to us.  This can't be an excuse though; there has to be accuracy in these matters of communication, interpretation and publication.  

If I understand you correctly then what the bishop did at that time was a direct contradiction to the 2nd Vatican Council. Perfectae Caritatis instructs the professed religious to study the original charisms of their particular communities. If the original charism is to be contemplative and the bishop calls them away from that charism then he is acting in contradiction to the letter and spirit of Vatican II.
(04-12-2018, 07:46 PM)angeltime Wrote: Peace.....I remember about 25 yrs ago or so, in the area I am living, that the Bishops were instructing Monastic Orders to come out - one of the reasons is because there was a shortage of priests and sisters and they wanted them to be more involved in parish ministry.  The other reason the Bishops gave, was that they did not want barriers between their people.  These instructions and changes were given to the Carmelites, Franciscans, and Precious Blood Orders in this area.  I did know a few Sisters then that left their Order completely after this change, saying it was not the life they professed to.  So, this new exhortation just put out by P Fr. stating that Contemplative Orders are not healthy - could be based on this idea from the past.  

If I understand you correctly then what the bishop did at that time was a direct contradiction to the 2nd Vatican Council. Perfectae Caritatis instructs the professed religious to study the original charisms of their particular communities. If the original charism is to be contemplative and the bishop calls them away from that charism then he is acting in contradiction to the letter and spirit of Vatican II.
(04-14-2018, 03:30 AM)Poche Wrote:

Peace.....yes, I suppose so!  It was just about the first thing I noticed affecting religious communities that were contemplative and the different attitudes and decisions of Bishops causing confusing.  I had a friend who was reluctant to entering any religious community because of changes such as this that may come later by the local Bishop.  Along with this, was the removal of Habits.  God bless, angeltime :heart: