Still Angry, Still Processing...Please Pray
Hey All. I'm still trying to process all that has happened to me, not just these past few weeks but even the past 3 years I've been with the man manchild who permanently broke my heart. Please keep praying for me.

I have literally spent the last 3 years doing everything for him and nothing for myself. When he came from the East Coast to my state, he didn't have a cent to his name. No resume, no job experience, no car, no credit history, no rental history, not even any college credit. And I worked tirelessly to help him. I literally wrote his resume. I was a job reference for him. I helped him find not one, not two, but THREE different apartments that helped him build up rental history and credit. I drove him to work every day. I drove him to the DMV 5 times so he could get his license (he kept failing the written test). He didn't have the money or the credit to buy a car (and I finally got sick of driving him to work) so I bought it for him (he only recently paid me back). I put him on my insurance policy. I had his car towed to my mechanic four times because he crashed it, or didn't take proper care of it.

Now he's taking that car, and his credit history, and his rental history, and his job (thanks to me, he works for one of the most prestigious hospitals in the world) and walking out of my life forever.

And what do I have?

I have nothing.

I have no rental history myself. I haven't got any job except working for a crappy grocery store. I haven't used my degree. I gave everything to him. Except my virginity, and barely that. I would have given it to him, too, but he wasn't man enough to take on the responsibility of my fertility. God forbid he make me pregnant and then be forced into actually having to give me something for a change.

Now that I read what I've written, I'm really really REALLY glad I didn't marry this guy, who couldn't even remember to buy toilet paper unless I reminded him 4 times. I was his mother, not his girlfriend. But that's the kind of person I am--I will do anything for the people I love, even when they don't deserve it. I let people take advantage of me. I am so blind.

I don't know where to go from here, or what to do, or what kind of plan I even have to move forward. I am so full of bitterness and anger and hurt. What did I do to deserve this? Why did God even let this little boy into my life if it was just going to end like this?

Rant over.
Some people say “If you can’t beat them, join them." I say “If you can’t beat them, beat them,” because they will be expecting you to join them, so you will have the element of surprise.

St. Mary of Egypt, Ora Pro Nobis!

I'll pray for you.

Please stay away from bad boys in the future if you hope to find a decent spouse.
“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."
In my vernacular: Da-yum. 

I’ll keep you in my Rosary intentions. 

On a light note, I suppose you should be glad you found out he wasn’t right now, as opposed to after the wedding.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • IntoTheMystic
(04-14-2018, 07:07 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: Hey All. I'm still trying to process all that has happened to me, not just these past few weeks but even the past 3 years I've been with the man manchild who permanently broke my heart. Please keep praying for me.

I have literally spent the last 3 years doing everything for him and nothing for myself. When he came from the East Coast to my state, he didn't have a cent to his name. No resume, no job experience, no car, no credit history, no rental history, not even any college credit. And I worked tirelessly to help him. I literally wrote his resume. I was a job reference for him. I helped him find not one, not two, but THREE different apartments that helped him build up rental history and credit. I drove him to work every day. I drove him to the DMV 5 times so he could get his license (he kept failing the written test). He didn't have the money or the credit to buy a car (and I finally got sick of driving him to work) so I bought it for him (he only recently paid me back). I put him on my insurance policy. I had his car towed to my mechanic four times because he crashed it, or didn't take proper care of it.

Now he's taking that car, and his credit history, and his rental history, and his job (thanks to me, he works for one of the most prestigious hospitals in the world) and walking out of my life forever.

And what do I have?

I have nothing.

I have no rental history myself. I haven't got any job except working for a crappy grocery store. I haven't used my degree. I gave everything to him. Except my virginity, and barely that. I would have given it to him, too, but he wasn't man enough to take on the responsibility of my fertility. God forbid he make me pregnant and then be forced into actually having to give me something for a change.

Now that I read what I've written, I'm really really REALLY glad I didn't marry this guy, who couldn't even remember to buy toilet paper unless I reminded him 4 times. I was his mother, not his girlfriend. But that's the kind of person I am--I will do anything for the people I love, even when they don't deserve it. I let people take advantage of me. I am so blind.

I don't know where to go from here, or what to do, or what kind of plan I even have to move forward. I am so full of bitterness and anger and hurt. What did I do to deserve this? Why did God even let this little boy into my life if it was just going to end like this?

Rant over.
Peace.....what do you have?  You have God who loves you and knows your pain and sorrow - I think it might bring some comfort to read the Beatitudes.  God bless, angeltime Heart Pray
[-] The following 1 user Likes angeltime's post:
  • IntoTheMystic