St. Joseph's Chapel: Prayers for Employment
I'm a middle-aged man living in a rustbelt city in the American Midwest.  I have a Master's degree and over 20 years' experience in my field.  I have a wife who dropped out of the labor force ten years ago to raise our child.  Our child attends Catholic school, which means tuition expenses on top of all the others. 

I am not materially driven.  I live in a 1,000 square foot home and drive a 12-year old car.  I'm looking for a reasonably congenial work environment and competitive salary.  I was blessed with congenial work and competitive pay for five years and never took my job for granted.  My company lost a major account and my position was eliminated last summer.

I haven't worked in almost a year.  We have no health insurance.  I'm living off 401(k) savings. 

In many ways, I know I'm lucky.  We still have our health.  We have food and shelter and even entertainment.  Still, I'm starting to feel desperate.  I'm praying to St. Jude.  Maybe if I bring out the heavy artillery . . .

Fellow Fish Eaters, please pray for me.    

I am a midwest father of 5 and was recently let go from a company after 20yrs of service.  I've been in a search for several months to no avail.  I'm just now evoking the aid of St Joseph and St Cajetan for help.  Please send your prayers my way, the "omahan".

Thank you and God Bless
omahan Wrote:I am a midwest father of 5 and was recently let go from a company after 20yrs of service.  I've been in a search for several months to no avail.  I'm just now evoking the aid of St Joseph and St Cajetan for help.  Please send your prayers my way, the "omahan".

Thank you and God Bless

Will do!  I'm sure God has something wonderful in store for you. Welcome.
Praying... [Image: prayer3.gif]
   Update: It was a week ago yesterday that I had my job interview. I called yesterday morning, and I was told that they haven't made a hiring decision yet. So, there is still hope! Please continue to pray for me - I really need this job, especially the steady income. Thank you for all your prayers. Thank you St. Joseph for your continued intercession on my behalf.

I continue to pray for all your needs and intentions.[Image: prayer.gif]
hi there. I had a job interview on friday and it went very well. Please pray to St. Joseph and St. Cajetan for me as I am in desperate need of their help to obtain employment to support my family.
thank you for your prayers
Praying for you "mcsunset" regarding your employment hopes and your family's needs. [Image: prayer3.gif]
thank you. i still havnt heard anything. ive been out of work for a long time and i'm a single mom with a daughter to support, and this is affecting our health.thank you so much and God bless you.
InquisitorGeneralis Wrote:Ok, I have a job interview tomorrow, and it's going to be pretty intensive.  Please pray to St. Joseph and St. Cajetan for me.  I'm going to need them to pull through for me.

Tonight I pray of all unemployed - Novenas to St Joseph, St Cajetan and Our Lady of Good Success.  I also pray this simple prayer of my own.  I invite all unemployed to pray with me for the next 9 days for all of us on this board.  If you are like me, time is short.

"Oh St Joseph and St Cajetan whose inspiration has been a light for multitudes of unemployed, bless our hearts with the light of Christ so that we may be a beacon for others and hold Him in our bosom as you also did.  We implore thee for the special grace to endure our most troublesome times and not forget the poor in spirit and consequence.  We ask that Our Lady Virgin be implored to pray for us sinners and for forgiveness for our transgressions through her Son made perfect on the cross.  Please be by our side and guide us in the will of our Lord, Amen."

9 days for a simple novena
omahan Wrote:I am a midwest father of 5 and was recently let go from a company after 20yrs of service.  I've been in a search for several months to no avail.  I'm just now evoking the aid of St Joseph and St Cajetan for help.  Please send your prayers my way, the "omahan".

Thank you and God Bless

Hang in there- be a light for others as well.  I am inviting all in our situation to pray with me this prayer for 9 days for all in need of employment.  Be strong for me and I will for you!

"Oh St Joseph and St Cajetan whose inspiration has been a light for multitudes of unemployed, bless our hearts with the light of Christ so that we may be a beacon for others and hold Him in our bosom as you also did.  We implore thee for the special grace to endure our most troublesome times and not forget the poor in spirit and consequence.  We ask that Our Lady Virgin be implored to pray for us sinners and for forgiveness for our transgressions through her Son made perfect on the cross.  Please be by our side and guide us in the will of our Lord, Amen."

9 days for a simple novena