St. Joseph's Chapel: Prayers for Employment
(08-31-2005, 09:13 PM)loyola38 Wrote: I have hesitated to post here, being reluctant to ask for things that could be construed as material gain.
What's wrong with "material gain"? See St. Thomas's answer to the question "Whether man ought to ask God for temporal things when he prays?."
But, as St. Thomas says, only as a means toward achieving our Last End. It would, I think, be wrong to pray for material gain viewed as an end in itself, so the above poster is right to suggest that we ought to be cautious about praying for temporal things lest we subtly become fixated on gain for its own sake. Presumably, praying for a job does not fall into this, however.
I am the father of 5 young children and sole breadwinner (my wife sews part time for clients but this brings in very little). I live in South Africa and though I have a stable job, the cost of living is very high - no such thing as free health care or schooling of a decent standard. I really quite desperately need to find a new job that will pay rather more - I have gone deep into debt in paying living expenses and have a large shortfall in my income. "Crash and burn" will happen soon and who knows what I will do about the kids' schooling next year. Please ask St Joseph to intercede for me and my family in our needs and especially that I may find suitable new employment, or increased income in my present position. God bless!
:pray2:
Prayers that I obtain a decent paying job soon. I am poor and running low on monies (despite working a part-time job which only pays the bills-ish).
:pray:
Please pray for my father, who last week was (finally!) invited to a job interview. Due to the economic crisis, there are lots of candidates, so it will be difficult for him to get the job.

I will pray for you all! May St. Joseph intercede for us.  :pray:
[Image: aj.jpg] St. Arnold Janssen SVD, pray for us!
:pray:

St. Joseph, ora pro nobis.
Can any of you lovely people please say a prayer for my father Brian Spring as well as a prayer for my good friend German (pronounced Her-mon) Espinoza? It would be much appreciated thank you.
Please say a Memorare for me if you can for my intentions at work. I am struggling to get enough hours at one of my jobs.
(03-14-2015, 12:04 AM)JohnTherese Wrote: Please say a Memorare for me if you can for my intentions at work. I am struggling to get enough hours at one of my jobs.
May St. Joseph intercede for you, too.