So Tired of Going to Confession...
(04-16-2018, 09:50 AM)SacraCor714 Wrote:
Quote:Just went to confession on Saturday and fell again last night. This has been going on for about 10 years now. I go to confession (sometimes taking great risks in inclement weather) and am in a state of grace again for a maximum of 12 hours before falling again.

That was good that you went to Confession.

Quote:What's the point of it all?

Grace.

Quote:I'm so sick of going to confession because the graces I supposedly receive do nothing for me. I have not taken a single step forward in 10 years. I am exactly where I was 10 years ago. No progress. No help in overcoming this sin. In fact, I'm more angry with God than ever because I was so close to having a marriage and a fulfilling sexual relationship, and He tore all of that away from me.

This young man wasn't the one for you. Stop blaming God that this guy isn't for you.

Quote:And just what am I supposed to do with these desires if I have no way out except praying my Rosary, which works about as well as trying not to think about purple elephants. Do not think about purple elephants. SEE. YOU JUST DID. NOW YOU'RE GOING TO HELL. HAHA.

You aren't going to hell. Wear your scapular, keep going to confession, Mary's Rosary and I don't believe for a minute God will let you slip from His grip. He'll care for you and love you. He won't leave you in your trial. 

Quote:God is cruel and He demands the impossible from us with no help from Him (and if we're not perfect, then we are flung into eternal damnation). God only gives His graces to an elite, select few. The rest of us losers were born to wander in pain and agony in this brief, ugly world and then suffer in Hell for eternity.

This is a sad, twisted distortion. He loves you better than anyone ever could or would or will.

Quote:I just can't take this anymore and I'm sick of trying because it doesn't do any good or make any difference. I cannot just keep on keeping on without even just a crumb of consolation, and God won't even give me that. He has taken away literally everything that I had hoped for. He has inflicted me with nearly uncontrollable sexual desires and then tortured me by flaunting marriage in my face and ripping it away at the last possible moment, when it would hurt the most.

God didn't flaunt marriage in your face, that boyfriend did. The boyfriend dumped you, not God. 

Quote:What kind of God is this? What kind of loving father is this? Not the kind of God I want to serve.

You only love God for what He'll give you, you love him for the treats, not for God Himself because you don't even know God. You don't know how tenderly He wants to BE THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE, you knucklehead. He wants to be your perfect love. 

Quote:It's like a father brutally beating his child with a belt and then reassuring the sobbing, bleeding child that the beating was good for him and that someday he'll thank his father for it. That is just sick. That is not a loving father.

Sick and twisted distortion of reality. God loves you and wants to offer you something better than you have ever had the slightest notion of. Grow up. Why don't you just ask God to take the place of this guy? Ask Him to be your one and only. It's the place He deserves.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.

Messages In This Thread
RE: So Tired of Going to Confession... - by Zubr - 04-16-2018, 02:49 PM
RE: So Tired of Going to Confession... - by JacafamalaRedux - 04-16-2018, 10:07 PM