So Tired of Going to Confession...
(04-17-2018, 10:10 AM)SEDLIBERANOSAMALO Wrote: Of course, I would not make that recommendation on a secular website.   But I think most here have a fairly strong spiritual life.  Maybe you could elaborate on what laity you think you could benefit from such prayers.
And my recommendation was directed at the initial poster, who has revealed herself as someone who appears well-cathechised, claims to attend Mass and confession regularly, and seems sincerely interested in living a holy life.  Does she not meet your criteria of someone with a fairly strong spiritual life?
But then again,  I think there may be a few posters on this website who are not whom they claim to be.

There are varying degrees of a spiritual life. Even if someone goes to Mass, is well catechised, goes to confession regularly, and is interested in living a holy life, you still need to take into account how good their prayer life is in general. Someone can be interested and have their heart vested in such a thing, but have a very scattered and inconsistent prayer life. If someone is going to try to do spiritual battle, I would think they should at the minimum be praying morning/evening prayers, praying the Rosary, doing some sort of spiritual reading, and meditation (even for a short time) each day. If someone can't even claim that, then how are they going to jump into battle with evil spirits? Even Father Ripperger warns against this.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612
[-] The following 1 user Likes GangGreen's post:
  • MagisterMusicae

Messages In This Thread
RE: So Tired of Going to Confession... - by Zubr - 04-16-2018, 02:49 PM
RE: So Tired of Going to Confession... - by GangGreen - 04-17-2018, 10:33 AM