So Tired of Going to Confession...
After some prayerful discernment, I've decided that some clarification in this thread is indeed necessary, and I apologize in advance if I come across as a toxic trad. My apology to MM for causing him agitation still stands.
(04-19-2018, 12:22 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: But that's just the un-educated recommendation of an anonymous Internet Forum resident.

No, I would not describe you as uneducated.  You clearly are intelligent and well-educated, and far more knowledgeable than the average layperson (in my opinion). 

I would just caution against equating duration with expertise.  Yes, there is an aspect of credibility that is part of that, as others have time to "judge one's fruit" so to speak, but I don't think one should consider someone's advice as superior simply because they have spent more time on this or that forum.   In the same vein, I don't think one should dismiss someone's advice as inferior, either, simply based on how much time one has put in.  A well-respected orthodox bishop could start posting here under an anonymous moniker tomorrow, and I don't think my advice (or anyone else's) should be weighted more heavily than his simply because I happened to join the discussion forum sooner.   Most importantly, I think that most would agree, that any advice taken from this forum and elsewhere, especially when taken from people whose credentials are unknown, requires proper discernment.  

And yes, there probably is some canon law against a bishop posting under a pseudonym, so maybe my scenario is improbable, but I think one gets the drift.
I ask Jesus to cover me and my family in His most Precious Blood against any and all incursions of the evil one, in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.  Amen.

Messages In This Thread
RE: So Tired of Going to Confession... - by Zubr - 04-16-2018, 02:49 PM
RE: So Tired of Going to Confession... - by SEDLIBERANOSAMALO - 04-20-2018, 11:58 AM