So Tired of Going to Confession...
(04-19-2018, 12:22 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: Many do, but if you have been following SacraCor's posts, I don't think that is a sensible understanding of her situation. She was living with her fiancée (on questionable advice from a priest), has for a long time been struggling against sexual issues and frequently falling, publicly posted things which were harmful to her marriage, is very easily turned toward despair, and ready to post what many would consider semi-blasphemous (but we know to be cries for help, not a desire to sin).

She needs our prayers, sacrifices, encouragement and care, no doubt. I have had Masses offered for her myself, and pray for her. Still, I seriously doubt you will find that someone going from mortal sin to mortal sin has a "fairly strong spiritual life" and is thus ready for a frontal assualt on the devil.

One of the signs of spiritual affliction is that, despite the normal remedies prescribed by the Church (regular Mass attendance, frequent Confession, saying the Rosary, etc) one still continues to fall into mortal sin.  Under spiritual affliction, one may struggle to have a strong prayer life, or to be able to properly meditate, or get to daily Mass or some of the other "prerequisites" that you say are necessary before seeking out deliverance prayers.   One may never be able to ever get to that place, and that is why it is dangerous to limit it.

But again, I would 100% agree that deliverance prayers are not for the novice.  I would never suggest deliverance prayers to someone who hasn't shown evidence of engaging in the tried and true remedies, and who isn't earnestly trying to seek out (and continue to try to live) a holy life.

Regarding SacraCor, I made my recommendation for deliverance prayers based on what she has revealed about herself (someone who attends Mass, goes to Confession, prays the Rosary, and wanting to live a holy life).   And, as mentioned previously, she seemed to be in a place of despair, and ready to reject God (also signs of spiritual affliction).  Whether she has genuinely presented herself, I don't know.
I ask Jesus to cover me and my family in His most Precious Blood against any and all incursions of the evil one, in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.  Amen.

Messages In This Thread
RE: So Tired of Going to Confession... - by Zubr - 04-16-2018, 02:49 PM
RE: So Tired of Going to Confession... - by SEDLIBERANOSAMALO - 04-20-2018, 12:41 PM