First Holy Communion in our Parish this Sunday!
The children of our Parish are going to First Confession Saturday evening in preparation for their big day. First Holy Communion is at the 10.00 Mass on Sunday. Please, of your charity, say a prayer for them.

Here are some pictures of our Church. First a shot from the outside. It's a beautiful little Church, but I do wish we didn't have a plain Cross on the steeple that lights up at night. It reminds me of an evangelical church building!

[Image: IMG_20180416_142932.jpg]

Here is the Sanctuary, with the Easter lilies in front of the Altar. The Tabernacle is directly behind the Altar, as it should be.

[Image: IMG_20180416_144415.jpg]

Here is the painting of our Patron, St Wenceslaus, Duke of Bohemia and Martyr. Wilber is a Czech/Bohemian town, as I've mentioned, and its Bohemian roots go deep. It's still not unusual to hear Czech spoken, and many of the older folks speak English with a Czech accent, despite being born here. So, it's fitting that our Parish is dedicated to the Patron of Bohemia.

[Image: IMG_20180416_144453.jpg]

Here are the statues of Our Blessed Mother and St Joseph, to the right of the Sanctuary.
[Image: IMG_20180416_144544.jpg]

In the right window niche are two statues of Our Lady, one as Our Lady of Grace, and the other of Her with our Lord. She is holding a scroll with the words of Matthew 1:23 on it, 'Behold a virgin shall be with child, and bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.'

[Image: IMG_20180416_144605.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180416_144613.jpg]

In the niche on the west side of the Church are two statues of Our Lord, One of the Sacred Heart, and the other of the Holy Infant of Prague. The Holy Infant was originally a Bohemian devotion, with the original Miraculous Statue being in a Carmelite Church in Prague. The devotion is dear to me because of the Carmelite connection.

[Image: IMG_20180416_144512.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180416_144520.jpg]

At the back of the Church are statues of St Anthony of Padua and St John Nepomucene Neumann (Czech, Jan Nepomucký Neumann), a Redemptorist Saint, born in the Kingdom of Bohemia, Austrian Empire, and who was the fourth Bishop of Philadelphia. He is very well known amongst Bohemians.

[Image: IMG_20180416_144655.jpg]

Well, that's our little tour of St Wenceslaus' Church, Wilber, Nebraska, in the Parish I'm proud to call home!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 3 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • aquinas138, cmclouser, Zubr
(04-16-2018, 04:35 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: The children of our Parish are going to First Confession Saturday evening in preparation for their big day. First Holy Communion is at the 10.00 Mass on Sunday. Please, of your charity, say a prayer for them.

Here are some pictures of our Church. First a shot from the outside. It's a beautiful little Church, but I do wish we didn't have a plain Cross on the steeple that lights up at night. It reminds me of an evangelical church building!

[Image: IMG_20180416_142932.jpg]

Here is the Sanctuary, with the Easter lilies in front of the Altar. The Tabernacle is directly behind the Altar, as it should be.

[Image: IMG_20180416_144415.jpg]

Here is the painting of our Patron, St Wenceslaus, Duke of Bohemia and Martyr. Wilber is a Czech/Bohemian town, as I've mentioned, and its Bohemian roots go deep. It's still not unusual to hear Czech spoken, and many of the older folks speak English with a Czech accent, despite being born here. So, it's fitting that our Parish is dedicated to the Patron of Bohemia.

[Image: IMG_20180416_144453.jpg]

Here are the statues of Our Blessed Mother and St Joseph, to the right of the Sanctuary.
[Image: IMG_20180416_144544.jpg]

In the right window niche are two statues of Our Lady, one as Our Lady of Grace, and the other of Her with our Lord. She is holding a scroll with the words of Matthew 1:23 on it, 'Behold a virgin shall be with child, and bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.'

[Image: IMG_20180416_144605.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180416_144613.jpg]

In the niche on the west side of the Church are two statues of Our Lord, One of the Sacred Heart, and the other of the Holy Infant of Prague. The Holy Infant was originally a Bohemian devotion, with the original Miraculous Statue being in a Carmelite Church in Prague. The devotion is dear to me because of the Carmelite connection.

[Image: IMG_20180416_144512.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180416_144520.jpg]

At the back of the Church are statues of St Anthony of Padua and St John Nepomucene Neumann (Czech, Jan Nepomucký Neumann), a Redemptorist Saint, born in the Kingdom of Bohemia, Austrian Empire, and who was the fourth Bishop of Philadelphia. He is very well known amongst Bohemians.

[Image: IMG_20180416_144655.jpg]

Well, that's our little tour of St Wenceslaus' Church, Wilber, Nebraska, in the Parish I'm proud to call home!
Peace.....nice you have so many statues in your parish!  I see the one after Our Lady of Grace - is St Anne with Mary (a little girl).....God bless, angeltime :heart:
What a beautiful church . . . thanks for sharing!
I ask Jesus to cover me and my family in His most Precious Blood against any and all incursions of the evil one, in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.  Amen.
That's just lovely. Thanks for sharing and prayers for the FHCs. God bless them!
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.