What should I do?
I don't have a TLM in my area either.

I have and still have the problem of judging others during mass (dress communion in the hand and checking their text messages are just a few). It's hard to get out of that rut. Also when I pray before and after mass people are continually having loud conversations and it is very distracting. I hate to say, this is something I'm going to have to live with. These Catholis must have been poorly Chatechised or had poor examples. I didn't have good examples either but I was enlightened by some good Catholics. It's hard to be a devout Catholic today. I have voiced my concerns to the pastor. It's not that he doesn't notice, I think he has a fear of losing parishioners if he says something. 

There is nothing I can say or do to change how people dress or act, it's beyond my power. I go to Mass and then practice the traditional Catholic Faith the rest of the time.

I have been attending a Byzantine Catholic Church more and more. I have never seen improper dress, excessive talking or heard a non traditional homily. Only problem is, it's an hour away. My grandparents on my father's side were Orthodox. My grandfather was Russian Orthodox and my grandmother was Ukranian Greek Catholic. My mothers side were Roman. I think I inherited something from the Orthodox side.
Bob

If my dog doesn't like you maybe I shouldn't either!!

“No one in the world can change Truth!”
St. Maximilian Kolbe, PRAY FOR US!
(04-20-2018, 06:48 AM)BobR67 Wrote: I don't have a TLM in my area either.

I have and still have the problem of judging others during mass (dress communion in the hand and checking their text messages are just a few). It's hard to get out of that rut. Also when I pray before and after mass people are continually having loud conversations and it is very distracting. I hate to say, this is something I'm going to have to live with. These Catholis must have been poorly Chatechised or had poor examples. I didn't have good examples either but I was enlightened by some good Catholics. It's hard to be a devout Catholic today. I have voiced my concerns to the pastor. It's not that he doesn't notice, I think he has a fear of losing parishioners if he says something. 

There is nothing I can say or do to change how people dress or act, it's beyond my power. I go to Mass and then practice the traditional Catholic Faith the rest of the time.

I have been attending a Byzantine Catholic Church more and more. I have never seen improper dress, excessive talking or heard a non traditional homily. Only problem is, it's an hour away. My grandparents on my father's side were Orthodox. My grandfather was Russian Orthodox and my grandmother was Ukranian Greek Catholic. My mothers side were Roman. I think I inherited something from the Orthodox side.

Where I previously lived I had to drive 1 hr and 45 min to get to a TLM, so at that time I would have loved one only an hour away. Obviously though, that varies for all of us depending on our quality of transportation and if we can afford gas money/car upkeep.
(04-20-2018, 08:00 AM)UsusAntiquior Wrote:

Where I previously lived I had to drive 1 hr and 45 min to get to a TLM, so at that time I would have loved one only an hour away. Obviously though, that varies for all of us depending on our quality of transportation and if we can afford gas money/car upkeep.

and if you have kids or not.  even an hour drive with young kids can be to much.  be good in the car for an hour, be good for the near 2hr mass, be good for the hour car ride home.  thats a lot of time for young kids to be expected to sit still and behave.
(04-20-2018, 11:04 AM)havok579257 Wrote:
(04-20-2018, 08:00 AM)UsusAntiquior Wrote:

and if you have kids or not.  even an hour drive with young kids can be to much.  be good in the car for an hour, be good for the near 2hr mass, be good for the hour car ride home.  thats a lot of time for young kids to be expected to sit still and behave.
Peace.....Having had 3 children, I do agree with you for sure about the long rides and sitting at Mass.  Hopefully, the children will grow to see how important it is and what it has meant to you and how much you did to get them there - this is the good side of it - but still not easy to get through at times as its all going on.  God bless, angeltime :heart: