Churches Stance on Evolution 1950
(04-22-2018, 05:34 PM)1stvermont2ndvermont3rdvermont Wrote: and this starts the whole debate does it not, the bible vs the church [man]. This i think is best done on its own thread where it can be addressed in full. I am starting with what i see is clearly true of the bible and testing it against the church.  if it holds true than i can dig deeper and see if it can be considered infallible. but if i just apply that right off of course it will hold true not matter what it claims. I could just as easily be a Muslim and do the same with the koran no matter what it says. I would rather test things against the bible as the bible tells me to do as protestants enjoy pointing out in debates with Catholics.

Trust me, i want nothing more than catholicm to be correct, it would make things so easy. but i would rather see god and say i did my best from the bible than perhaps follow a false path.

The Church compiled the Bible. If parts of the Bible rejected Church teaching then it seems that the Church would have left those parts out. In the 1500 years prior to Martin Luther I would guess that someone would have noticed. Instead Martin Luther comes along and picks out the parts of the Bible which he likes, thus enters protestantism.

When you attempt to interpret the scriptures by yourself you are implicitly saying that you personally are more knowledgable, wise, and learned in the scriptures than every Christian who came before you. Because as MM pointed out, there was never a consensus among the Church fathers regarding the details of creation. 

I'd rather be wrong about the creation than to fall into the sin of pride.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dominicus's post:
  • jovan66102

Messages In This Thread
RE: Churches Stance on Evolution 1950 - by Dominicus - 04-22-2018, 06:11 PM
RE: Churches Stance on Evolution 1950 - by MaryTN - 04-21-2018, 05:19 PM