Demons of Abortion and Euthanasia
"But this kind is not cast out but by prayer and fasting."  Matthew 17:20

https://blesstheunborn.weebly.com/

https://finishingwithfaith.weebly.com/
It's good to pray and make sacrifices against abortion, and fasting is an ideal method, but as has been pointed out on the site here, the "Deliverance Prayers" recommended on these sites are not properly approved by the Church. The compiler and author violated Canon Law in publishing them.

I also asked a priest with whom I am good friends to look into Auxillium Christianorum and whether it was properly approved, since the topic had come up here frequently here.

He told me he sent an letter asking for the details so he tell his faithful whether they could join the group or not. The deacon who got back to him refused to tell him who gave canonical approval to the group, saying that because they had been attacked by some people and even a few priests, they would not reveal the information unless his local Bishop wrote a formal request.

All of that sounds pretty fishy, considering that one of the first rules for dealing with the devil is to dot your Is and cross your Ts as regards Canon Law.

This is not to say that such prayers are evil, or that AC is a bad group, nor that we should not do penance or prayers against abortion, but we should also be wary of just jumping on the latest and greatest new group or idea.
(04-28-2018, 10:33 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: I
The Auxillium Christianorum does have Ecclesiastical approval.  ANY organization of Catholic exorcists protect their identities because satanists and the wicked would target them.  
The site itself states:
Why does the handbook and the website say that it has ecclesiastical approval without listing who gave the imprimatur?

Answer: In many dioceses, bishops have exorcists but they do not make the name of those exorcists known except to certain priests. This is done in order to protect the exorcists. In like manner, the bishop who gave approval for this association is known to the priests who have started it and will be made known to priests who need to know who gave the ecclesiastical approval or to members of the Magisterium. Otherwise, in order to protect the bishop and the priests involved, their names are not made public.

Deacon Jeff would not refuse a priest the information.  Of course, if someone claimed to be a priest and refused to give verifiable credentials, Deacon Jeff would not be fooled.
The prayers in the book have an imprimatur.  They were compiled from different sources and from Father Ripperger's own experiences being an exorcist.  Because of the confusion, Father Ripperger has submitted the book itself for approval.
(04-30-2018, 02:54 PM)Maryrose Wrote: Deacon Jeff would not refuse a priest the information.  Of course, if someone claimed to be a priest and refused to give verifiable credentials, Deacon Jeff would not be fooled.

The priest provided a copy of his celebret and e-mailed from his religious congregation's official e-mail address.

He was refused. He was told he needed to have his bishop make the inquiry for him, and they would not inform a simple priest of the details of the ecclesiastical approval.

Thus the priest told me to avoid the group and not to promote it, as with this and the violation of Canon Law in the publication of the books, it seems like the group is hiding something which should be (and for every other Catholic organization is) normal.

(04-30-2018, 02:54 PM)Maryrose Wrote: The prayers in the book have an imprimatur.  They were compiled from different sources and from Father Ripperger's own experiences being an exorcist.  Because of the confusion, Father Ripperger has submitted the book itself for approval.

That's not how it works.

Quote:Canon 826. §3 Prayer books, for either the public or the private use of the faithful, are not to be published except by permission of the local Ordinary.

If items have been previously given approval, then reprinting them in a new edition requires a Concordat by which the Ordinary certifies that the prayers are identical copies of what was previously approved. You find this, for instance at the beginning of the new breviary by Nova et Vetera.

If a prayer book is not an exact republication or typesetting of something that came before (e.g. it is a new compilation with different prayers from different sources), then a "Concordat" will not do and it needs a new Imprimatur and Nihil Obstat.

That was not done with Fr Ripperger's book of deliverance prayers. He has admitted as much and in his defense said that in his second edition would seek out approval, but then in that same interview went on to defend the publication without this approval.

I have nothing against this group, nor Fr Ripperger. Nor does the priest I mentioned. He said he liked the idea and was keen to promote it (hence why he asked), but that the whole incident made him highly suspicious.

This especially for people who are dealing with things diabolical (who themselves say that the devil is a legalist and you have to be sure to have all your ducks in a row before dealing with the devil to protect yourself) raises many red flags.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MagisterMusicae's post:
  • jovan66102
(04-30-2018, 02:54 PM)Maryrose Wrote: The Auxilium Christianorum is a legitimate Traditional Catholic organization that has over 70,000 members and hundreds of Catholic exorcist priest say the prayers daily.  Shrieking it is illegitimate with no real argument doesn't change anything.
(05-03-2018, 12:55 PM)Maryrose Wrote:
(04-30-2018, 02:54 PM)Maryrose Wrote: The Auxilium Christianorum is a legitimate Traditional Catholic organization that has over 70,000 members and hundreds of Catholic exorcist priest say the prayers daily.  Shrieking it is illegitimate with no real argument doesn't change anything.
That may be but you're not an exorcist now are you? 

Considering that the person you are responding to is probably the most sober person on this forum and has studied scholasticism extensively I really wouldn't consider him at any point to be "shrieking with no real argument".
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!

I do have a real argument :

If one is going to print a prayer book, it has to have the approval of the relevant authorities in the Church.

If one is going to join or recommend a group that claims to be Catholic and have Church approval, then one should be able to ensure what the group claims is true is actually true.

In both cases we have a problem. The Deliverance Prayers were printed in clear violation of Canon Law, and their compiler refuses to withdraw the publication. And then we have a group that refuses, contrary to what their own literature says, to share the details of their approval to a priest so he can advise his faithful.

You are the one without argument, because you've changed it. 

First it was that "Deacon Jeff" (may I assume you then know him well and are an AC member?) would never refuse a priest the information, and you quoted the website, but the priest who asked for me was denied that information. I've seen the e-mail in return refusing to give the information. Again, that priest was interested in the group and possibly promoting it.

Now it is that some 70,000 people are members of this group and "hundreds of Catholic exorcist priests", too, so it must be good.

I started out interested in joining the group. The more I dig, the worse it gets.
[-] The following 2 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • Dominicus, jovan66102
I pass Planned Barren-hood about five days a week, coming and going. I say the St. Michael Prayer out loud, then an Ave or two.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
[-] The following 2 users Like JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • MagisterMusicae, Maryrose
(05-03-2018, 06:00 PM)Dominicus Wrote:

This is a public forum.  

A nun or cleric would understand the policy of not giving out ifo on exorcists.  Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing.
(05-04-2018, 08:30 PM)Maryrose Wrote:
(05-03-2018, 06:00 PM)Dominicus Wrote:

This is a public forum.  

A nun or cleric would understand the policy of not giving out ifo on exorcists.  Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing.
That has nothing to do with what I wrote. First, just because hundreds of Catholic exorcists say these deliverance prayers does not mean that a lay person is allowed to do the same. 

Second, you are new to this forum and if I were you I would be very careful of calling veteran members "wolves in sheepsclothing".
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!