0%
0 0%
I'm a Russian troll with no knowledge of Waho
50.00%
3 50.00%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Waffle House
Waffle House.  One of the best, though maybe not healthiest, eateries?
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
Consider me Russian
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
Definitely not what my cardiologist ordered, but I love it!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Jeeter
There are no Waffle Houses in Canada, so it begs the question, Is it better, equivalent or not as good as IHOP?
"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  Matthew 9:10-14
Obviously, I am a Russian troll so, Waffle House 101 it is. Lucky for you, I need to get back to screaming at this ice hockey game so I'll make it easy.

What are grits and what is the beverage Pibb? For a place called “Waffle House”, why are the waffle options so limited? Isn’t the breakfast menu really similar in taste to the lunch/dinner menu? What does a Waffle House look like? I picture a truck stop interior.

I've never been to IHOP either.

Grits, known only to the cognoscenti of the American South, are a delicious dish of ground hominy (kernels of corn 'dehulled' by soaking in lye), which can be served with milk and sugar as a porridge, or with red eye gravy as a savoury side dish. Some people like them with just butter and a bit of salt.

Mr Pibb is a Dr Pepper knock off.

And the interiors look like any sit-down, 'casual dining' family restaurant, but each table has (had? it's been years) a rack of diffrerent tupes of pancake/waffle syrup.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

The one time I went there, I pulled a really long hair out of my food. It lost its appeal to me after that. I’m sure I would go again anyway if it were the most convenient place around, particularly if I could walk to it, but there are quite a few places between my home and the nearest Waffle House where I’ve never found hair in my food.
(05-04-2018, 02:51 PM)The Tax Collector Wrote: There are no Waffle Houses in Canada, so it begs the question, Is it better, equivalent or not as good as IHOP?

IMHO, IHOP can suck a monkey through a garden hose compared to Waffle House.

(05-04-2018, 03:22 PM)Zubr Wrote: For a place called “Waffle House”, why are the waffle options so limited? Isn’t the breakfast menu really similar in taste to the lunch/dinner menu?

Similar, yes. Identical, no. You can't top jalapeno hash browns.

Quote:I've never been to IHOP either.

Not missing much.

(05-04-2018, 04:23 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: The one time I went there, I pulled a really long hair out of my food. It lost its appeal to me after that. I’m sure I would go again anyway if it were the most convenient place around, particularly if I could walk to it, but there are quite a few places between my home and the nearest Waffle House where I’ve never found hair in my food.

I've never had a bad experience at Waffle House. That being said, being married with kids, older, and ostensibly more mature, it's nice to "go to" a Waffle House instead of "ending up" in a Waffle House.

This thread needs a theme song.

-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
Anthony Bourdain digs the WH:

T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoxClamantis's post:
  • Jeeter
(05-04-2018, 03:49 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Grits, known only to the cognoscenti of the American South, are a delicious dish of ground hominy (kernels of corn 'dehulled' by soaking in lye), which can be served with milk and sugar as a porridge, or with red eye gravy as a savoury side dish. Some people like them with just butter and a bit of salt.

As voice from the south, you speak Yankee heresy: "cognoscenti of the American South, are a delicious dish of ground hominy (kernels of corn 'dehulled' by soaking in lye), which can be served with milk and sugar as a porridge" OMG!! Horror of horrors!!! Cry

Now, this is more like it: " with red eye gravy as a savoury side dish. Some people like them with just butter and a bit of salt" and mix in some fried eggs or scrambled even, YUMMY!! Smile
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain