A Story for Zedta
Z, when I was in university in a very Northern city (not geographically, just ideologically) I had a good buddy from Chariton County, Missouri. Chariton County is up in the northern part of the State where they grow tobacco and not too far from the oldest whiskey distillery west of the Mississippi. During the War of Northern Aggression, when Missouri didn't secede from the Union, Chariton County tried to secede from Missouri!

Anyway, one day my pal and I got so tired of the bland, Yankee food in the cafeteria, we went out and bought ourselves some pork chops, black eyed peas, yams, and greens and fixed ourselves a Southern feast.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Zedta
Throw in some corn bread and Tabasco sauce for the greens and I'm there!
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
(05-05-2018, 12:18 AM)Zedta Wrote: Throw in some corn bread and Tabasco sauce for the greens and I'm there!

You know, I don't remember if we had the Tabasco sauce, but we definitely had corn pone! BTW, I still make my corn bread in a cast iron skillet.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(05-05-2018, 12:47 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 12:18 AM)Zedta Wrote: Throw in some corn bread and Tabasco sauce for the greens and I'm there!

BTW, I still make my corn bread in a cast iron skillet.

Me too, when time permits. More often it's a glass baking pan, these days and the toaster oven. I don't crank up the big oven very often in the warmer days of the year and I have to limit my cornbread intake with the diabetes, et al.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain