My first TLM tomorrow!
I will be attending my first traditional Latin Mass tomorrow morning.  I'll be driving about one and a half hours to get there.  I'll admit that I am bit nervous!  Any general advice or suggestions?  I've seen the TLM online, so I've got an idea of what the priest will be doing, but I've never observed (or heard very well) what the laity do during the Mass.  I know that might sound odd.  Anyways, I'm very excited, mixed with the nervousness!
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeekerofChrist's post:
  • CaptCrunch73
(05-05-2018, 06:03 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: I will be attending my first traditional Latin Mass tomorrow morning.  I'll be driving about one and a half hours to get there.  I'll admit that I am bit nervous!  Any general advice or suggestions?  I've seen the TLM online, so I've got an idea of what the priest will be doing, but I've never observed (or heard very well) what the laity do during the Mass.  I know that might sound odd.  Anyways, I'm very excited, mixed with the nervousness!

Don’t be surprised if you can’t completely follow along. Sometimes the timing between the priest and choir is a little off, and it doesn’t seem to go quite like it’s written. Also, if it’s a low Mass, you might not be able to hear much of anything unless you’re already familiar with the liturgy and are able to figure out where they are because you have an idea of where they should be.

Ideally, your first Latin Mass experience will be a high Mass. It’s much easier to follow along at high Mass when you’re not too familiar with the form, though you’ll probably get lost whether it is high Mass or low Mass- I know I sure did at first. Personally, I greatly prefer low Mass, because it seems more conducive to meditation, but that came after having heard several high Masses. I also have an extensive background in music and usually find it too easy to nitpick about the music at high Mass, so I find it best to just go without that altogether except on rare, special occasions. I love the Latin Mass though, and it has been a tremendous help to me in recent years in ways I cannot describe.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Credidi Propter's post:
  • CaptCrunch73
I think in a way it is a bit of a shock--much more silent times than the Novus Ordo you may be used to.  Generally there will be the red missalettes with the English/Latin available so do pick up one of those to use during the Mass.  Many will say that it takes about 3 times or more to get the gist of things and then it grows on you.  For many, it is an acquired taste!  But once you have it, you keep it.

People will be modestly dressed.  Most likely no chatting before or after Mass in the Church.  Many will stay a few extra minutes to give thanksgiving after Mass.  There may or may not be someone at the door to give out missalettes or bulletins but not the Walmart greeter type.  Holy Communion will be at a rail (or we have to use the front pew at our parish with no rail) and on the tongue; you do not say the Amen as father prays a short prayer over you and he says the Amen.

There is more kneeling and everyone genuflects at the "Homo factus est" in the Creed and last Gospel.

I think you will find, as I have, that you come to pray the Mass as you have not done before.

Enjoy!
Ave Maria!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Magdalene's post:
  • CaptCrunch73
(05-05-2018, 06:03 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: I will be attending my first traditional Latin Mass tomorrow morning.  I'll be driving about one and a half hours to get there.  I'll admit that I am bit nervous!  Any general advice or suggestions?  I've seen the TLM online, so I've got an idea of what the priest will be doing, but I've never observed (or heard very well) what the laity do during the Mass.  I know that might sound odd.  Anyways, I'm very excited, mixed with the nervousness!
Peace.....nothing to be nervous about!  The Lord will be right there with you to welcome you!  When I attended my first Latin Sunday Mass, I sat more to the rear of the Church but in a place I could see everything too.  This way I could observe the whole Mass including the parishners.  Then gradually I moved a little farther to the center/side where I am comfortable now. 
 We will pray for you and God bless!  angeltime :heart:
[-] The following 1 user Likes angeltime's post:
  • CaptCrunch73
don't be nervous, there is nothing to be nervous about. people won't be staring at you and might not even realize you have never been there before. follow along the best you can and focus on the sacrifice of the mass. you'll be fine.

also is it a high or low mass?
The best part of the TLM community is that before and after Mass you will be able to talk with people who love the faith and are interested in discussing it, not seen much at the Novus Ordo,.
[-] The following 2 users Like salus's post:
  • angeltime, BenedicamDominum

There are lots of different bits of advice that you are likely to be given and they are all valid and worthy of consideration but for me the best thing to do is to go in with an open mind and heart. Some parts you will be able to follow, others you won't and that's more than fine. 

I stumbled across the TLM about 5 years ago and it has revolutionised my faith and worship practices, as well as my attitude to my faith. Sit back - or kneel, stand etc - and enjoy the ride but don't expect to 'get' it immediately.

Please let us know how it went!
I agree with the others... just sit back and take it all in. Don't try and follow along with the missalette. Follow whats going on at the altar and others in choir and you will be fine for your first time.