Florida Confessors
Please excuse me if this isn't the proper forum for this type of thread.

I recently moved to the Citrus County area of Florida. Although meeting faithful Catholics is a wonderful thing, I would actually like some help in finding a Confessor. I'm used to having good, solid Priests to turn to in Confession, and I'm a little concerned with some of what I've seen here so far.

So is anyone aware of any good Confessors who are more or less in this general area? I don't want to drive a million miles, but of course I'll travel if necessary. If you feel more comfortable doing so, please PM me with any suggestions.

Thanks!
(05-06-2018, 08:32 AM)BenedicamDominum Wrote: Please excuse me if this isn't the proper forum for this type of thread.

I recently moved to the Citrus County area of Florida. Although meeting faithful Catholics is a wonderful thing, I would actually like some help in finding a Confessor. I'm used to having good, solid Priests to turn to in Confession, and I'm a little concerned with some of what I've seen here so far.

So is anyone aware of any good Confessors who are more or less in this general area? I don't want to drive a million miles, but of course I'll travel if necessary. If you feel more comfortable doing so, please PM me with any suggestions.

Thanks!
Peace.....as far as I know (from Canada) there is a latin mass in sarasota florida and you might find a good confessor there.  The name of the parish is Christ the King!  Hope this helps!!  God bless, angeltime :heart:
[-] The following 1 user Likes angeltime's post:
  • Becky
(05-06-2018, 08:32 AM)BenedicamDominum Wrote: Please excuse me if this isn't the proper forum for this type of thread.

Thanks!

A few years ago, I worked in Inverness, Florida at Citrus Memorial Hospital, as it was called at the time. I stayed overnight and worked a three day weekend and I would go to Mass daily and on Sunday at Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Church. There was a very holy (in my estimation) priest there that was my confessor and who said Mass when I attended there. His name was Fr. Charles and he was from Africa. I would hope he hasn't been transferred, since I have lost connections with Inverness and that Church for quite some time.

I hope this is helpful.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
Thank you both for your suggestions and for your time.

That parish in Sarasota is staffed by the FSSP, who also happen to drive to a parish near here to offer a TLM on Sunday evenings. I wonder if they offer Confession before that Mass. 

And Inverness is just down the road, so perhaps I'll pop in for a daily Mass one day and see how that goes.
(05-06-2018, 07:49 PM)BenedicamDominum Wrote: Thank you both for your suggestions and for your time.

That parish in Sarasota is staffed by the FSSP, who also happen to drive to a parish near here to offer a TLM on Sunday evenings. I wonder if they offer Confession before that Mass. 

And Inverness is just down the road, so perhaps I'll pop in for a daily Mass one day and see how that goes.
Peace.....it's all worth checking into - sounds good thus far!  God bless, angeltime :heart:
The Sarasota priests used to (I havent been in 4 or 5 years) go to a place called Queen of Peace in Ocala which is probably closer than Sarasota to where you are. They used to drive up the 3 hours or so just to hear confessions and offer a 30 min Low Mass (sometimes a High Mass) at 6pm on Sundays. Check it out.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 1 user Likes formerbuddhist's post:
  • BenedicamDominum
(05-08-2018, 05:29 AM)formerbuddhist Wrote: The Sarasota priests used to (I havent been in 4 or 5 years) go to a place called Queen of Peace in Ocala which is probably closer than Sarasota to where you are. They used to drive up the 3 hours or so just to hear confessions and offer a 30 min Low Mass (sometimes a High Mass) at 6pm on Sundays. Check it out.

Yes, this is the parish I mentioned earlier, and which is about 20 miles from my house.

So you can confirm that they do hear Confession before Mass? That's wonderful and may just be the solution to my problem.
(05-08-2018, 11:43 AM)BenedicamDominum Wrote: So you can confirm that they do hear Confession before Mass? That's wonderful and may just be the solution to my problem.

I'm sure they do, since that is normal FSSP practice and they hear them for 30 minutes before all Masses in Sarasota, but give them a call to make sure. Here's their number, (941) 924-2777.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • greatdame
(05-08-2018, 12:44 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(05-08-2018, 11:43 AM)BenedicamDominum Wrote: So you can confirm that they do hear Confession before Mass? That's wonderful and may just be the solution to my problem.

I'm sure they do, since that is normal FSSP practice and they hear them for 30 minutes before all Masses in Sarasota, but give them a call to make sure. Here's their number, (941) 924-2777.

Thank you very much.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BenedicamDominum's post:
  • greatdame
They used to always hear confessions 30 mins prior to Mass and would stay after if you needed. I have not been there in probably 5 years but i can't imagine things have changed much.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon