How did you choose your vocation?
Question 
I'm a 35 year old man that returned to the Church 2 years ago after being lapsed for a decade.  I'm really glad that I did!

I've dated a good amount and don't feel called to be a Priest, but I also don't really feel called to marriage, either. 

I'm not sure what to do. I have a great spiritual director and I'll ask him. 

How did you choose your vocation?
“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."
i think it is the other way around: your vocation chooses you

I have had the desire to g et married, sometimes still do, but it eludes me

ditto being in religious life

so i guess by default or whatever.. i am single and probably will be from here on in
[-] The following 2 users Like gracemary5's post:
  • BrianW99, GrottoAl
(05-07-2018, 02:19 PM)gracemary5 Wrote: i think it is the other way around: your vocation chooses you

so i guess by default or whatever.. i am single and probably will be from here on in

What's your age? Just curious.
“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."
Well, I'm an 18 yo guy and I converted from Evangelical Protestantism to Catholicism on April 1st, 2017. I've mainly felt that I'm called to the priesthood for the past two years, and I'm looking into the FSSP.

So, my answer is not helpful because I'm still in the default (single and discerning).
Corpus Christi, salva me.

Check out my new blog: A Young Popish American
[-] The following 1 user Likes LaudeturIesus's post:
  • BrianW99
God will choose it for you. When I was a young man, I thought I was called to the cœnobitic life. I went to a monastery to discern. The monastery was on the Charles River in Cambridge, Mass, quite near Radcliffe College. I was given a cell overlooking the river. It was the summer of '69, and the Radcliffe girls liked to sun themselves on the riverbank. I decided the monastic life wasn't for me.

Years later, I was talking to a Benedictine monk of my acquaintance. I told him that if I'd been given a cell across the hall, overlooking the rubbish bins, I might still be there. He said that no, God had other plans for me, and if my cell had been on the other side of the corridor, it would have been something else that kept me from being a monk.

Here I am, almost 50 years later, 35 years married, five children and six grandchildren (so far!).

God knew what He was doing.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • BrianW99, Dominicus
(05-07-2018, 02:27 PM)BrianW99 Wrote:
(05-07-2018, 02:19 PM)gracemary5 Wrote: i think it is the other way around: your vocation chooses you

I'd prefer not to say.. some people "judge you" by that kinda thing
(05-08-2018, 04:01 PM)gracemary5 Wrote:

OK, but I wouldn't judge you :)
I must agree with Jovan; I didn't choose marriage so much as God chose it for me. I spent some time at a seminary when I was 14, briefly, to see if I was called. I wasn't. You could probably make a good case that it was the time (1970s), but after all these years, I feel convinced that God called me to marriage, and to the woman I've spent years calling the Terminally Cute One. I certainly won't complain.  :D
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
[-] The following 2 users Like dahveed's post:
  • BrianW99, jovan66102
(05-13-2018, 03:25 PM)BrianW99 Wrote:
(05-08-2018, 04:01 PM)gracemary5 Wrote:

OK, but I wouldn't judge you :)

that's what they all say :)