In Ascensione Domini
Today is the Feast In Ascensione Domini, the Ascension of Our Lord. The Feast of the Ascension is a Holy Day of Obligation in Austria, Belgium, Brunei, the Diocese of Macau, Croatia, Denmark, England and Wales, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Indonesia, Lebanon, Malaysia, the Netherlands, Norway, Scotland, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, All the Eastern Catholic Churches, the Vatican City (of course!), and the Ecclesiastical Provinces of Boston, Hartford, New York, Newark, Omaha (hurrah!), and Philadelphia, as well as the Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of Saint Peter, in the United States,
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • olorin12
Going to 7pm Mass tonight, church will be doing a Solemn High Mass, should be wonderful  :)
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612
(05-10-2018, 04:49 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: Today is the Feast In Ascensione Domini, the Ascension of Our Lord. The Feast of the Ascension is a Holy Day of Obligation in Austria, Belgium, Brunei, the Diocese of Macau, Croatia, Denmark, England and Wales, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Indonesia, Lebanon, Malaysia, the Netherlands, Norway, Scotland, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, All the Eastern Catholic Churches, the Vatican City (of course!), and the Ecclesiastical Provinces of Boston, Hartford, New York, Newark, Omaha (hurrah!), and Philadelphia, as well as the Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of Saint Peter, in the United States,
Canada is one of a handful of countries that only has two holy days of obligation remaining on the calendar. However, both traditional societies are holding solemn high masses this evening at 7 pm, for anyone near or visiting Calgary.  The FSSP Superior General (Father Berg) will be celebrating Mass at St Anthony’s.  At the same time, Father Pfluger is in Calgary as well at St Dennis; he celebrated the First Saturday votive mass for Our Lady last weekend, and gave the homily on Sunday.
"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  Matthew 9:10-14
Member of the Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of St Peter. Went to a 6:30 am TLM Missa Cantata, because I was up at 4 am.
I was going to go to an Ordinary Form Mass in English this morning, even though the Mass of the Day in my diocese is Thursday of the Sixth Week of Easter and not the Ascension, as little form of protest (like, I'm still going to go to Mass even though I'm not required to! :P ). 

But at Low Mass on Sunday the priest announced that there would be an unscheduled Mass at 7 pm for the Ascension. So, I'll be going to Low Mass at 7 pm.
Corpus Christi, salva me.

Check out my new blog: A Young Popish American
In my diocese the Ascension gets relegated to the next Sunday in the NO so I'm going to a High Mass at 7 as well.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
(05-10-2018, 11:28 AM)LaudeturIesus Wrote: an unscheduled Mass at 7 pm for the Ascension. 

My Pastor did that for the Circumcision/Mary Mother of God in January. Since it fell on Monday, it wasn't a Day of Obligation, and the normal daily Mass is at 07.00. At Sunday Mass, Father announced that, whilst it wasn't of Obligation, he would be celebrating Holy Mass at 09.00 if anyone wanted to join him. He warned that the temperature was forecast for minus 20 F! It turned out to be only minus 13 when I walked to Mass. :LOL:
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
Ascension is relegated to this Sunday as well in my diocese, but Sunday our priest announced there will be Low Mass at 6:30pm tonight. And it will be Low Mass in the church, not the chapel, where all the Latin Masses are usually held.

Right now, the chapel is a converted school room . . . but the altar is lovely, as are the statues of St. Agatha and Our Lady. Right now, a newer, bigger church is being built to accommodate the NO Masses. Once it is complete, the "old" church will become the new chapel.
I ask Jesus to cover me and my family in His most Precious Blood against any and all incursions of the evil one, in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.  Amen.