Poll: Do most Christians end up in Hell?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
25.00%
3 25.00%
no
8.33%
1 8.33%
probably
41.67%
5 41.67%
the saints say Yes so that's what I believe
8.33%
1 8.33%
only Catholics are Christians
8.33%
1 8.33%
most Catholics don't make it either
8.33%
1 8.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do most Christians end up in Hell?
(05-10-2018, 10:31 PM)Margaret-Mary Wrote:
(05-10-2018, 04:02 PM)IYgracemary5 Wrote: Do most Christians end up in Hell?

We know the non-Christians end up in Hell (99.9% of the time)

but what do you think about Christians ending up there?

Tonight at Mass our wonderful holy priest said that, as St. Alphonse said, all that worrying about going to hell or others going to hell does is have a chilling effect on our confidence in God’s mercy, so I’m not going to think about it.

It's always important not just to consider what the saints said, but why they said it.

St. Alphonsus is among many who speak of the fewness of the saved, but the reason is to show how we have to make a serious effort and not just sit back and say, "I'm Catholic, so I'm good."

Every soul is given plenty of graces to be saved. Many refuse these graces. Some refuse them to the point of final impenitence.

That could be us.

Thinking of this should motivate us, therefore, to treasure the graces we have received, try never to refuse any, beg God to send many, and quickly stir up sorry when we have. 

The saints say such things to move us to man-up, not to then sit in judgement of others thinking ourselves just, and wondering how many others will not make it : "Wherefore he that thinketh himself to stand, let him take heed lest he fall." (1 Cor 10.12)

Thus, I will not be voting.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do most Christians end up in Hell? - by MagisterMusicae - 05-11-2018, 02:41 AM
RE: Do most Christians end up in Hell? - by Poche - 05-11-2018, 01:08 AM