"turning the other cheek" & "do not resiste evildoers" HUH?
(05-16-2018, 04:46 PM)gracemary5 Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 04:32 PM)angeltime Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 04:30 PM)gracemary5 Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 04:19 PM)angeltime Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 04:16 PM)gracemary5 Wrote: I like what 1stVermont... said

I like that we are reminded of how Paul said something about how someone who harmed him would be paid back... and etc.

I think I will copy that post for future reference

again, it is "easy" to let certian wrongs go

but what if doing so allows the same evil to be done to someone else (because you didn't stand up to it)? I know of a situation like this. If bullies think that no one will ever punish them, they will go on bullying
Peace.....I don't think turning the other cheek means we become doormats.....or allow ourselves to be targets for abuse.  It does seem that God would want us to try peacemaking/prayer instead of allowing ourselves to get caught up in battle or vengeance.  This can lead to bigger sins - such as murder.  God bless, angeltime :heart:

I never said anything about getting caught up in revenge

all Christians know tht revenge is not permitted. "Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord"
Peace.....yes, I know you didn't; I did.  God bless, angeltime :heart:

sorry if I sounded defensive. I do get defensive at times... I guess bc I have been persecuted so long... just always feel that people are accusing or whatever when maybe that is not the case..
Peace.....I didnt take it that way at all - I was just clarifying.....God bless, angeltime :heart: :)
(05-16-2018, 04:48 PM)angeltime Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 04:46 PM)gracemary5 Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 04:32 PM)angeltime Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 04:30 PM)gracemary5 Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 04:19 PM)angeltime Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 04:16 PM)gracemary5 Wrote: I like what 1stVermont... said

I like that we are reminded of how Paul said something about how someone who harmed him would be paid back... and etc.

I think I will copy that post for future reference

again, it is "easy" to let certian wrongs go

but what if doing so allows the same evil to be done to someone else (because you didn't stand up to it)? I know of a situation like this. If bullies think that no one will ever punish them, they will go on bullying
Peace.....I don't think turning the other cheek means we become doormats.....or allow ourselves to be targets for abuse.  It does seem that God would want us to try peacemaking/prayer instead of allowing ourselves to get caught up in battle or vengeance.  This can lead to bigger sins - such as murder.  God bless, angeltime :heart:

I never said anything about getting caught up in revenge

all Christians know tht revenge is not permitted. "Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord"
Peace.....yes, I know you didn't; I did.  God bless, angeltime :heart:

sorry if I sounded defensive. I do get defensive at times... I guess bc I have been persecuted so long... just always feel that people are accusing or whatever when maybe that is not the case..
Peace.....I didnt take it that way at all - I was just clarifying.....God bless, angeltime :heart: :)

sigh

that's the I-net for ya

you never know what a person REALLY means and sometimes it takes a lot of doing to make our words work right, make them convey what we really are feeling/thinking! I sometimes get a little careless in that regard but only bc I am usually pressed for time