What's the best way to give your entire life to Jesus Christ?
(05-10-2018, 10:58 PM)BrianW99 Wrote:
(05-10-2018, 10:47 PM)Poche Wrote:
(05-10-2018, 09:47 PM)BrianW99 Wrote: Besides becoming clergy?

Did you hear God call you?

I have no idea what my vocation is. 

I enjoy my work and don't feel called to marriage, but I don't feel called to the Priesthood, either. 

I'm 35 years old. At some point, I have to make a choice :)

Sometimes not making a choice is a choice in itself.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poche's post:
  • BrianW99

I just finished reading "The Story of a Soul", the autobiography of St. Therese of Lisieux. If you have not read it, please do. It will answer your question. In summary, St. Therese says that infusing everything you do, no matter how little, with love for Our Lord, is the best way to give your life to Christ. So, when you wash the dishes, say hello to your neighbour, pet your dog, take out the trash, make PowerPoint slides, have lunch with your colleagues, all of that, should be infused with love for Jesus. Simple dedicate every minute of your life to Our Lord and you'll be fine. Obviously you should pray a lot for help because you cannot be perfect as our Father is perfect, without some heavenly assistance.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Julia Augusta's post:
  • BrianW99
(05-11-2018, 12:18 AM)Poche Wrote:
(05-10-2018, 10:58 PM)BrianW99 Wrote:
(05-10-2018, 10:47 PM)Poche Wrote:

Did you hear God call you?

I have no idea what my vocation is. 

I enjoy my work and don't feel called to marriage, but I don't feel called to the Priesthood, either. 

I'm 35 years old. At some point, I have to make a choice :)

Sometimes not making a choice is a choice in itself.

How did you choose yours?
“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."
I  wish I had a traditional order around the corner where I could attend mass in the morning, compline in the evening, and anything else they had.