Food Info You Should Remember
Among the many 'wonderful' things wrought in the Obummer days was an increase in the amount of food brought here from China. This has been partially accomplished by Chinese acquisition of once American Companies without general knowledge of the public, nor the ramifications of that change. This article points out some very serious concerns and how, for instance, one major US firm, who produced very good foods under some recognizable brands, is now all owned by the Chinese, but you would not be aware by their labeling, unless you read it VERY carefully.

Read and beware!

Quote:Link to Original Article

Mailbag: Food Info You Should Remember
May 5, 2018 by SD
[Image: logoinside.gif]

From “Truth or Fiction, for your perusal. We cannot verify every detail. Nor should entire countries be besmirched. But what we have checked, checks out. Perhaps the best rule of thumb: the further something is from the way God made it, and the more subject to mass production, the less healthful it is. At any rate, we repeat this blog offering from “Truth or Fiction” for you to weigh,  floating as it is out there in cyberspace:
+
Subject: Food Info-remember it!

+
Smithfield Farms, the largest pork producing  farm in the USA was sold in September to China with the  unanimous support of its stockholders!

+
The hogs will still be raised  here, but slaughtered and packaged for sale there before being sent back here.  This includes labels of Morrell, Eckrich, Krakus, Cudahy, Premium Hams,  Cook’s, and Gwaltney.

+
The same with many chickens.  They can now be shipped there, but when they come back all that needs to be labeled is that they WERE RAISED IN THE USA  — not that they were processed in China! Our great FDA at work again. The chickens will be all processed and most sold to fast-food restaurants for sandwiches, along with schools and supermarkets. The China slaughter and processing are not nearly equal to the requirements here. [See “Truth or Fiction“]

+
BAD FOOD.

+
We recently learned that Starkist Tuna is now owned by Korea, and is in big conflict with the U.S. concerning quality, safety, and records, which Korea refuses to produce. Read several articles on Google about this, and even one that was defending the eating of tilapia said to avoid the fish that came from China? Also, I had just returned home from buying Albertson’s 4-day special of 4 bags of frozen tilapia for the price of one. Sure enough, on the top of the bags, it read “farm raised,” and on the bottom in small print it said, “China.” Read all the way down.

+
Recently a food inspector on TV said he had lived overseas and he had seen the filthy conditions their foods are raised and processed in. Some foreign workers have to wear masks as they work in these places, because the food is so rotten and filthy. Many of their fish on fish farms are fed raw sewage daily. He said he has seen so much filth throughout their food growing and processing that he would “never” eat any of it. They raise this filth, put some food coloring and some flavorings on it, then they ship it to the USA & Canada for YOU to consume and feed to YOUR families. They have no Food & Safety Inspectors. They ship it to you to buy and poison your families and friends.

+
Imported food we eat and the junk we buy: Green Giant frozen vegetables are from China, and so are most of Europe’s Best. Arctic Gardens are okay. So is Birdseye.

+
Never buy the grocery store garlic unless it is clearly marked from USA or Canada, the other stuff is grown in human excretion (even worse than that of chickens). China is the largest producer of garlic in the world; the U.S. is next.

+
Buy only local honey, much honey is shipped in huge containers from China and re-packed here. [Many producers of commercial honey dump large amounts of High Fructose Corn Syrup into the honey. Its cheaper by far from honey and hard to detect!]

+
Cold-FX is grown and packed in China and is full of fecal bacteria. Doesn’t work anyway, big scam. If the country of origin is not clearly marked, beware. If its produce, ask an employee.

+
Watch out for packages that state “prepared for,” “packed by,” or “imported by.” We don’t understand the lack of mandatory labeling, especially for produce. The country of origin should be clearly shown on the item in the store.

+
Go to the local farmers’ markets in season and keep a wary eye open the rest of the year. Please read this very carefully, and read to the very bottom. It’s important for all of us.

+
How is it possible to ship food from China cheaper than having it produced in the U. S. or Canada?

+
FOR EXAMPLE THE “OUR FAMILY” BRAND OF MANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT ON THE CAN “FROM CHINA .” SO, FOR A FEW MORE CENTS, BUY THE LIBERTY BRAND, GOLD BRAND, OR DOLE (FROM CALIFORNIA).  Beware, Costco sells canned peaches and pears in a plastic jar that come from China.

+
ALL “HIGH LINER” AND MOST OTHER FROZEN FISH PRODUCTS COME FROM CHINA OR INDONESIA . THE PACKAGE MAY SAY “PACIFIC SALMON” ON THE FRONT, BUT LOOK FOR THE SMALL PRINT. MOST OF THESE PRODUCTS COME FROM FISH FARMS IN THE ORIENT WHERE THERE ARE NO REGULATIONS ON WHAT IS FED TO THESE FISH.

+
Recently The Montreal Gazette had an article by the Canadian Government on how Chinese feed the fish: They suspend chicken wire crates over the fish ponds, and the fish feed on chicken excretion. If you search the internet about what the Chinese feed their fish, you’ll be alarmed; e. g., growth hormones, expired antibiotics from humans. Never buy any type of fish or shellfish that comes from these countries: Vietnam, China, Philippines.

+
Check this out personally. Steinfeld’s Pickles are made in India — just as bad! Another example is in canned mushrooms. No-Name brand came from Indonesia.  Also check those little fruit cups. They used to be made in Canada in the Niagara region until about two years ago. They are now packaged in China Most are sold in Aldi stores.

+
While the Chinese export inferior and even toxic products, dangerous toys, and goods to be sold in North American markets, the media wrings its hands! Yet, 70% of North Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended. Well…! Why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges? SIMPLY DO IT YOURSELF —  ONLY CANADA AND THE U.S.

+
Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says “Made in  China” or “PRC” (and that now includes Hong Kong), simply choose another product, or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.
 +
THINK ABOUT THIS:
 +
If 200 million North Americans refuse to buy just $20 each of Chinese goods, that‘s a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor — fast! The downside? Some Canadian/American businesses will feel a temporary pinch from having foreign stockpiles of inventory. Just one month of trading losses will hit the Chinese for 8% of their North American exports. Then they will at least have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness are worth it.

+
START NOW and don’t stop and tell your friends. Send this to everybody you know. Let’s show them that we are intelligent, and NOBODY can take us for granted. Start reading labels more closely and buy something else even if it cost a few cents more.

+
[For our discernment]
[Image: HL-128-1.jpg]

One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
(05-11-2018, 10:11 AM)Zedta Wrote:
Quote:+
Smithfield Farms, the largest pork producing  farm in the USA was sold in September to China with the  unanimous support of its stockholders!

+
The hogs will still be raised  here, but slaughtered and packaged for sale there before being sent back here.  This includes labels of Morrell, Eckrich, Krakus, Cudahy, Premium Hams,  Cook’s, and Gwaltney.

I'm curious then as to what Smithfield is doing in the gigantic (and very smelly) plant a few miles up the road from me. They've just built an addition, there are truckloads of live hogs arriving every day, and truckloads of something leaving. So, if the hogs are 'slaughtered and packaged' in China, what the hell is going on up by Crete?
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(05-11-2018, 02:58 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(05-11-2018, 10:11 AM)Zedta Wrote:
Quote:+

+

I'm curious then as to what Smithfield is doing in the gigantic (and very smelly) plant a few miles up the road from me. They've just built an addition, there are truckloads of live hogs arriving every day, and truckloads of something leaving. So, if the hogs are 'slaughtered and packaged' in China, what the hell is going on up by Crete?

Judging from history, I'd bet that they will keep the current production sites going as they phase in the optional one mentioned in the article. In context, the new system is a proposition and is proposed to be the end result over time. They only bought Smithfield about a year or so ago, before Trump's election, if I am correct, so the environment for Chinese productions may have been reduced. There are a lot of variables in the market place these days.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain

C.S. Lewis

George Carlin

George Orwell
Actually, they bought it almost five years ago, announcing the purchase on 29 May 2013.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
(05-11-2018, 03:33 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Actually, they bought it almost five years ago, announcing the purchase on 29 May 2013.

Memory failed, but I did get the before President Trump part right :D
Art Bell

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain

C.S. Lewis

George Carlin

George Orwell
Zedta,
a minor digression, if you please. Thank you, so much for the video about lunch in schools in Japan. I was born in Saitama, 55 years ago, and it was really neat to see that. Not to cause any divergence from your post, just had to say, thank you.  :D
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dahveed's post:
  • Zedta
(05-12-2018, 09:29 AM)dahveed Wrote: Zedta,
a minor digression, if you please. Thank you, so much for the video about lunch in schools in Japan. I was born in Saitama, 55 years ago, and it was really neat to see that. Not to cause any divergence from your post, just had to say, thank you.  :D

I am very pleased that I inadvertently hit a 'homer', for one of our members hereabouts, with the post's video. I was taken by that video too. Those kids were such delights to watch as they tended to their school and even their own meals with such happiness and vigor! Glad you liked it.
Art Bell

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain

C.S. Lewis

George Carlin

George Orwell
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
You know, Z, after I posted on this thread yesterday, I walked downtown to pick up my meds. On the way I got to thinking about this, specifically the quote I commented on.

Now, I may not be the sharpest crayon in the box, but I grew up raising hogs and I live in the middle of hog country, so I think I know a little about the subject. The reason the packing companies build their plants in areas that raise hogs is that transporting them results in weight loss, which is a loss to the bottom line. Ship them too far, and you have to refeed to get them back up to weight. When I was on the farm, our hogs only had to go 90 miles for sale, and they lost weight in just that trip.

Now, I did some research. According to the pork producers organisation, Smithfield slaughters about 122,300 hogs a day in their plants, which are spread out all over the country to be close to the production points. That works out to almost 45,000,000 hogs a year. I also checked on transit times from the West Coast to China. It's about a three week trip. Now, assuming the Chinese can find enough ships to transport 45 million hogs, they are also going to have to figure out how to feed them. I don't know much about cargo shipping, but I know it's mostly containers these days. If you put those hogs in containers for three weeks, you're going to have a lot of dead hogs. The survivors will need to be fed up to weight (even tho' they will have eaten the dead ones).

In other words, I call BS on that quote. It is logistically impossible to transport 45 million hogs a year across the Pacific, slaughter them in China, and then ship the meat back.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
(05-13-2018, 01:22 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: You know, Z, after I posted on this thread yesterday, I walked downtown to pick up my meds. On the way I got to thinking about this, specifically the quote I commented on.

Now, I may not be the sharpest crayon in the box, but I grew up raising hogs and I live in the middle of hog country, so I think I know a little about the subject. The reason the packing companies build their plants in areas that raise hogs is that transporting them results in weight loss, which is a loss to the bottom line. Ship them too far, and you have to refeed to get them back up to weight. When I was on the farm, our hogs only had to go 90 miles for sale, and they lost weight in just that trip.

Now, I did some research. According to the pork producers organisation, Smithfield slaughters about 122,300 hogs a day in their plants, which are spread out all over the country to be close to the production points. That works out to almost 45,000,000 hogs a year. I also checked on transit times from the West Coast to China. It's about a three week trip. Now, assuming the Chinese can find enough ships to transport 45 million hogs, they are also going to have to figure out how to feed them. I don't know much about cargo shipping, but I know it's mostly containers these days. If you put those hogs in containers for three weeks, you're going to have a lot of dead hogs. The survivors will need to be fed up to weight (even tho' they will have eaten the dead ones).

In other words, I call BS on that quote. It is logistically impossible to transport 45 million hogs a year across the Pacific, slaughter them in China, and then ship the meat back.

I have to agree with you.

The logistics of shipping live hogs to China was a bit hard to believe. I do have an aversion for 'feed lots' and crowding many thousands of animals in one area to 'fatten them up' with corn, prior to slaughter. I would prefer many small farms, producing smaller numbers of animals and sending them to the slaughterhouse in day's worth of volume from different sources. Less problems with infections and such with that sort of plan. Outbreaks can be more easily controlled in this system as well and the need for antibiotics routinely given could be avoided.

What does concern me is the unusually sad treatment of Chinese raised animals and what could come of this in our domestic food supply. One can only hope that USDA oversight is sufficient.
Art Bell

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain

C.S. Lewis

George Carlin

George Orwell
Oh, and I'm not buying the chicken bit either. Since the article only says 'many chickens' without naming companies, I can't do detailed research, but according to the USDA in January of last year alone, 749,302,000 chickens were slaughtered in the US. That's almost Seven Hundred Fifty Million chickens in one month! I don't think they're going to ship any sizeable percentage of 9,000,000,000 chickens per year to China for slaughter.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe