Rebuttal For Muslim Woman At Coffee Shop Who Sites Luke 19:27 In Viral Video?
Question 
I kind of wonder if this was a fake incident to rile up Muslim/Christian animosity.  Similar to the movie theater incident.  :dodgy:

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/0...woman.html

In any case this woman in the video sites the verse Luke 19:27:

But as for those my enemies, who would not have me reign over them, bring them hither, and kill them before me.

I've never heard that verse before.  How do we respond to that?
This passage refers to the Jews who did not come to believe in Him. These would be killed in that they would be cast into the outer darkness and also on Earth as the Romans would invade and destroy everything. If you want to apply it beyond the Jews, you'd have to look at it as those who waste God's graces that are given to them and will be cast into hell as a result. Either way, it doesn't have anything to do with Christ wanting people to be physically killed for not believing in him. Although, even in this sense, we see the chastisements of God upon evil people. However, this has nothing to do with individuals killing others out of cold blood for the glory of God.

Here's some text from Catena Aurea:
Quote:THEOPHYL. He adds of His adversaries, But those mine enemies who would not that I should reign over them, bring them hither, and slay them before me.
AUG. Whereby He describes the ungodliness of the Jews who refused to be converted to Him.
THEOPHYL. Whom he will deliver to death, casting them into the outer fire. But even in this world they were most miserably slain by the Roman army.

In general, you need to read this line in context with the parable.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612
[-] The following 1 user Likes GangGreen's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover