if male priests all fail, should we try women priests?
It looks like men have failed the Church miserably

I don't think we should have female priests. There is actually no such thing. But I sometimes wonder if women will be the ones, nonetheless, who save the Church..

long story why I say that..

I went to a communion service once, disappointed that the priest would not be there, but a woman did the readings and... I actually got somewhere, spiritually, from that service... I mean, it was like I was ... (can't think of the best words here.. or any words...) but I'll just say that it was like I was stuck in the mud or something and there was something about that communion service that got me out of the mud---

total mystery so I don't know what the heck happened.. but interesting just the same

and here is another thing that's good about women: they are rejected by the Catholic-Church-hating secret societies.. so we already know they don't belong to such Satanic organization
:doh:
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
[-] The following 2 users Like Dominicus's post:
  • LaudeturIesus, MagisterMusicae
(05-19-2018, 02:19 PM)gracemary5 Wrote: It looks like men have failed the Church miserably

I don't think we should have female priests. There is actually no such thing. But I sometimes wonder if women will be the ones, nonetheless, who save the Church..

I went to a communion service once, disappointed that the priest would not be there, but a woman did the readings and... I actually got somewhere, spiritually, from that service... I mean, it was like I was ... (can't think of the best words here.. or any words...) but I'll just say that it was like I was stuck in the mud or something and there was something about that communion service that got me out of the mud---

total mystery so I don't know what the heck happened.. but interesting just the same

and here is another thing that's good about women: they are rejected by the Catholic-Church-hating secret societies.. so we already know they don't belong to such Satanic organization

Women, as the weaker sex (weak in an intellectual/moral sense evidenced in Eve), change the natural use of creation into that which is against nature (check out Romans ch. 1: men throw away the natural use of women, women chuck the natural use altogether).  Women are generally not to be trusted, not to teach in the assemblies, to clothe themselves in sobriety, etc, due to this specific weakness evidenced in the actions of Eve.  Women born in original sin have the taint of suspicion about them of witchcraft and superstition. 

I have gathered a lot of data to support my opinion of the fellow members of my sex.  What I see in the churches are women dressed as whores praying the rosary given trusted positions by the pastors.  Do they know their catechism? No, it's not necessary, because they pray the rosary, bring gifts to the altar during Holy Mass, read the epistles, serve at the altar, etc.  These same women deny dogma, reject the Councils, practically adore Billy Graham and Martin Luther King, Jr., and gather men around them as their own little "church" in which they are in fact priestess.

That being said, we have centuries of the evidence of the saintly women of manly virtue (borrowing from terminology of St. John Chrysostom).  What did these women do?  Were they standing in the sanctuary of churches and reading?  I think history gives us our answer.
(05-19-2018, 02:36 PM)yablabo Wrote:
(05-19-2018, 02:19 PM)gracemary5 Wrote: It looks like men have failed the Church miserably

Women, as the weaker sex (weak in an intellectual/moral sense evidenced in Eve), change the natural use of creation into that which is against nature (check out Romans ch. 1: men throw away the natural use of women, women chuck the natural use altogether).  Women are generally not to be trusted, not to teach in the assemblies, to clothe themselves in sobriety, etc, due to this specific weakness evidenced in the actions of Eve.  Women born in original sin have the taint of suspicion about them of witchcraft and superstition. 

this is really BAD

women are no more evil than men. In fact.. How about this: something like 95% of murderers are MEN

women born in original sin have the tiant of suspicions about them of witchcraft...?

oh geez... I can't believe you said that. that is SO ignorant sounding.. as if females are born witches??? GET OUTA here!

and then there is this

I have found that I am more Catholic than a lot of priests i have known... (priests who say it doesn't matter if you are Catholic or not... priests who get angry at you in confession and go on a rant about how you need to take psych drugs, never mind the fact that the priest has never met you except for that one time in confession.. and i could go on and on and on)
(05-19-2018, 02:43 PM)gracemary5 Wrote:

this is really BAD

women are no more evil than men. In fact.. How about this: something like 95% of murderers are MEN

women born in original sin have the tiant of suspicions about them of witchcraft...?

oh geez... I can't believe you said that. that is SO ignorant sounding.. as if females are born witches??? GET OUTA here!

and then there is this

I have found that I am more Catholic than a lot of priests i have known... (priests who say it doesn't matter if you are Catholic or not... priests who get angry at you in confession and go on a rant about how you need to take psych drugs, never mind the fact that the priest has never met you except for that one time in confession.. and i could go on and on and on)

Perhaps you wish to re-read my post and skip the rash judgment and red herrings.

Women and men have spiritual weaknesses specific to their sex.  Adam did not fall the same way Eve did.  Adam's sin was transmitted to all of us (i.e., original sin), yet women who are of the same type as Eve have the same spiritual weakness as Eve.  That's Catholic teaching 101.
(05-19-2018, 03:35 PM)yablabo Wrote:
(05-19-2018, 02:43 PM)gracemary5 Wrote:

this is really BAD

and then there is this

Perhaps you wish to re-read my post and skip the rash judgment and red herrings.

Women and men have spiritual weaknesses specific to their sex.  Adam did not fall the same way Eve did.  Adam's sin was transmitted to all of us (i.e., original sin), yet women who are of the same type as Eve have the same spiritual weakness as Eve.  That's Catholic teaching 101.

what you said about women was NOT
:safe:
"There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church -- which is, of course, quite a different thing." -Ven. Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity." -Fr. John Hardon, S.J.
[-] The following 3 users Like Steven's post:
  • Justin Alphonsus, LaudeturIesus, MagisterMusicae
(05-19-2018, 06:21 PM)Steven Wrote: :safe:

This is the safe place, and I second you!

As to the OP: C'mon, now things are just getting silly.
[Image: troll%2B90.png]
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 4 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • austenbosten, Dominicus, The Tax Collector, Zedta
(05-19-2018, 07:47 PM)Justin Alphonsus Wrote:
(05-19-2018, 06:21 PM)Steven Wrote: :safe:

This is the safe place, and I second you!

As to the OP: C'mon, now things are just getting silly.

I'm convinced she's a troll.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!