if male priests all fail, should we try women priests?
Oh my! Here we go! The battle of the sexes! Get out the popcorn and enjoy the entertaining battle! Deep breath. I really like Dr. Marian Horvat's CD on women in the Middle Ages and a book she co-authored called Courtesy Calls Again. Women took a strong role as Abbesses, nurses, writers, in the Middle Ages because the celibate life was seen by Jesus Christ and The true Roman Catholic Church as superior to the married vocation. Of course all the vocations are important, however, ancient Roman Empire women were less than slaves. The Church truly freed women,and they had another option from that of wife-they could be nuns, or even single celibate laypeople.The nuns were the "career girls" of their day. One of the most amazing books ever written and read from every evening by St. Pope Pius X was written by an amazing woman. It is called The Mystical City of God by Venerable Mary de Agreda, an Abbess. She was ordered by her superior to write it, or her modesty would never have permitted her to write it. Women's brains work differently than mens- we integrate many subjects at once while men tend to compartmentalize. This is a good thing, as men as warrior protectors need to be single minded to grab the wife out of the burning building before she grabs too much stuff to which she is attached. Women need to be aware of where all the children are and grab the kettle and purse if the castle needs to be abandoned immediately! Anyways. each have their special talents. Our society is so warped that it really helps to go back to an earlier age to see healthy ways than men and women interact with each other. Respect is all important.
(05-19-2018, 02:43 PM)gracemary5 Wrote:  I have found that I am more Catholic than a lot of priests i have known... (priests who say it doesn't matter if you are Catholic or not... priests who get angry at you in confession and go on a rant about how you need to take psych drugs, never mind the fact that the priest has never met you except for that one time in confession.. and i could go on and on and on)

Part of being a Catholic is being humble, forgiving, obedient, and charitable. Your many rants on this forum seem anything but. 

And yes you have clearly demonstrated that you can indeed go on and on... please do not.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
(05-19-2018, 02:19 PM)gracemary5 Wrote: It looks like men have failed the Church miserably

I don't think we should have female priests. There is actually no such thing. But I sometimes wonder if women will be the ones, nonetheless, who save the Church..

long story why I say that..

I went to a communion service once, disappointed that the priest would not be there, but a woman did the readings and... I actually got somewhere, spiritually, from that service... I mean, it was like I was ... (can't think of the best words here.. or any words...) but I'll just say that it was like I was stuck in the mud or something and there was something about that communion service that got me out of the mud---

total mystery so I don't know what the heck happened.. but interesting just the same

and here is another thing that's good about women: they are rejected by the Catholic-Church-hating secret societies.. so we already know they don't belong to such Satanic organization

There is not, never has been, and never will be a female deacon, priest, bishop, or pope. It's impossible.

What exactly is a "communion service"? sounds like some sort of sacrilege to me.
Oh and I forgot to mention...

GOD is a man!
(05-20-2018, 03:39 AM)Dominicus Wrote: What exactly is a "communion service"? sounds like some sort of sacrilege to me.

It's the readings of the day followed by distribution of Communion. Basically Mass without the Offertory and Canon.

While Pius X is a saint, encouraging daily Communion is one of the things I think he got wrong. Maybe it seemed good then, when people knew the faith, but now, people feel they have to receive every time they go to Mass, or even every day, so we have these Communion services, and people worried they might not be able to receive this Sunday because they can't make it to Confession. It's good that they're worried about their souls, but, to me, the safer course seems to be assuming that might be grave matter is, refraining from receiving, and confessing at the next opportunity, instead of following most Catholics' advice that it's no big deal, to make an act of perfect contrition (which you can't know if you've done), and receive anyway. Not what the Pope intended, but that's the result.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
  • Bonaventure
(05-20-2018, 03:39 AM)Dominicus Wrote:
(05-19-2018, 02:19 PM)gracemary5 Wrote: It looks like men have failed the Church miserably

I don't think we should have female priests. There is actually no such thing. But I sometimes wonder if women will be the ones, nonetheless, who save the Church..

long story why I say that..

I went to a communion service once, disappointed that the priest would not be there, but a woman did the readings and... I actually got somewhere, spiritually, from that service... I mean, it was like I was ... (can't think of the best words here.. or any words...) but I'll just say that it was like I was stuck in the mud or something and there was something about that communion service that got me out of the mud---

total mystery so I don't know what the heck happened.. but interesting just the same

and here is another thing that's good about women: they are rejected by the Catholic-Church-hating secret societies.. so we already know they don't belong to such Satanic organization

There is not, never has been, and never will be a female deacon, priest, bishop, or pope. It's impossible.

What exactly is a "communion service"? sounds like some sort of sacrilege to me.

A communion service is done where there are shortages of priests.  The Blessed Sacrament  is administered to the people from the tabernacle on a Sunday or other Holy Day.  There is a solemn ceremony with readings done by lay persons or a deacon or an acolyte.  But it is not Holy Mass.
Bishop Schneider has talked about growing up where they would often go months without the Eucharist. Many holy women did great works in order to arrange for those few times to occur and sneak a priest to bring the Lord to the people. In times of shortages people will have to do their best. Women have an important role, but priest is not one of them.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612
Okay...so the poster wants to let women into the priesthood, becaus men have messed things up?

Okay, women aren't all that much better at keeping from messing things up. They are quite good at it, only its the men who get blamed. Women, generally, are archetypal blamers.

After all, what cold go wrong? I mean why not let everyone make fine mess of the Church?

Or not, and just try to fix this 'sexuality' et al mess, before it gets worse, is a much better idea than complicating things beyond repair.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
(05-19-2018, 02:43 PM)gracemary5 Wrote: this is really BAD

women are no more evil than men. In fact.. How about this: something like 95% of murderers are MEN

That number doesn't include the number of women who have abortions. In 2014 652,639 women had abortion. In the same year 14,249 murders were committed. If we assume 100% of 2014 murders were committed by men that means 98% of murders that year were because the "my body my choice" females were actively seeking to end the human life growing inside them.

Food for thought ;)
Local anti-feminist.....if you think women deserve special treatment without any accountability for their actions expect to hear from me!
[-] The following 2 users Like divinesilence80's post:
  • karl, MagisterMusicae
The Church is feminine,” Pope Francis said in his homily on Monday, “she is a mother.”

When this trait is lacking, the Pope continued, the Church resembles merely “a charitable organization, or a football team”; when it is “a masculine Church,” it sadly becomes “a church of old bachelors,” “incapable of love, incapable of fruitfulness.”

That was the reflection offered by Pope Francis during the Mass celebrated in the chapel of the Casa Santa Marta for the Memorial of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of the Church. The feast is being celebrated this year for the first time, after the publication in March of the decree Ecclesia Mater (“Mother Church”) by the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments. Pope Francis himself decided the feast should be celebrated on the Monday immediately following Pentecost, in order “to encourage the growth of the maternal sense of the Church in the pastors, religious and faithful, as well as a growth of genuine Marian piety.”

The “motherliness” of Mary
In his homily, Pope Francis said that in the Gospel, Mary is always described as “the Mother of Jesus,” instead of “the Lady” or “the widow of Joseph”: her motherliness is emphasized throughout the Gospels, beginning with the Annunciation. This is a quality that was noted immediately by the Fathers of the Church, a quality that applies also to the Church.
The Church is feminine, because it is “church” and “bride” [both grammatically feminine]: it is feminine. And she is mother; she gives life. Bride and Mother. And the Fathers go further and say that even your soul is the bride of Christ and mother.” And it is with this attitude that comes from Mary, who is Mother of the Church, with this attitude we can understand this feminine dimension of the Church, which, when it is not there, the Church loses its identity and becomes a charitable organization or a football team, or whatever, but not the Church.
No to a Church of old bachelors
Only a feminine Church will be able to have “fruitful attitudes,” in accordance with the intention of God, who chose “to be born of a woman in order to teach us the path of woman.”
The important thing is that the Church be a woman, that has this attitude of a bride and of a mother. When we forget this, it is a masculine Church. Without this dimension, it sadly becomes a church of old bachelors, who live in this isolation, incapable of love, incapable of fecundity. Without the woman, the Church does not advance—because she is a woman. And this attitude of woman comes from Mary, because Jesus willed it so.

The tenderness of a mom
The virtue that primarily distinguishes a woman, Pope Francis said, is tenderness, like the tenderness of Mary, when she “gave birth to her first-born son and wrapped Him in swaddling clothes, and laid Him in a manger.” She cared for Him, with meekness and humility, which are the great virtues of mothers.
A Church that is a mother goes along the path of tenderness. It knows the language of such wisdom of caresses, of silence, of the gaze that knows compassion, that knows silent. It is, too, a soul, a person who lives out this way of being a member of the Church, knowing that he or she is [like] a mother [and] must go along the same path: a person [who is] gentle, tender, smiling, full of love.

https://www.vaticannews.va/en/pope-franc...other.html

This is why there is an all male priesthood. The Church is the Bride of Christ.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poche's post:
  • BrianW99