God Made You Like This
Sad 
As I've been following the Chilean scandal, I read about this last week.  SMH

Now Drudge has this as the top headline:

[Image: OkGay.jpg?dl=0]

More scandal from the Vatican.  I guess that's the norm nowadays.
It's all over the mainstream media as well.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/21/europe/po...index.html
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/m...arlos-cruz
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/21/world...-way-.html

Bergoglio is an anti-Christ, it's getting really silly now to try and deny it.
God also made the children with downs syndrome. It is ok to have downs syndrome. God loves you very much. 
:) :) :)
In theory, sure, it's OK to be gay... but like everyone else, don't sin. That means living a life of continence. Heterosexuals may have the ability to get married and have sex, but that doesn't mean that they're immune from sexual sin as well. 

Also, notice how the person he talked to was sexual abused. That may have more to do with his homosexuality than being "made that way." Isn't it fairly certain at this point that homosexuality has more to do with environmental factors in childhood and early adolescence rather than genetics? Sure, there may be things that lead to instances where a person may more susceptible exhibit traits of the opposite gender, however, that doesn't automatically mean a person will be gay. At most, maybe such factors would make the person when in combination with those environmental factors be at higher risk of developing same sex attraction.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612
[-] The following 1 user Likes GangGreen's post:
  • karl
Though it goes without saying around these corners of the Internet, Bergoglio cannot be this ignorant of Catholic moral theology or natural law philosophy.

He appears to take a perverse delight in muddying the waters.

I wonder, did God make a person diseased?
I wonder, did God make defective genes to make somebody prone to alcoholism?
I wonder, did God make a person blind?
I wonder, did God make a person like bestiality?
I wonder, did God make a person to like evil?
I wonder, . . .?

He's certainly heard of the metaphysical distinction between being and privation thereof. Yes, God made individuals who just happen to also be homosexual. We all know that being homosexual is not sinful per se, though it is disordered per se.

To be sure, God allows evil to happen, but only insomuch as it can be used to serve a higher good. But it doesn't follow from that, nevertheless, that God positively wills individual evils or thinks it is "okay" that somebody is gay.

It's one thing to (correctly) claim that a homosexual can aim at the virtuous life; however, when has the current pope ever make such nuanced distinctions? (Please correct me if I'm mistaken.)
[-] The following 2 users Like OldRightGeorge's post:
  • Bonaventure, olorin12
(05-21-2018, 12:34 PM)GangGreen Wrote: In theory, sure, it's OK to be gay... but like everyone else, don't sin. That means living a life of continence. Heterosexuals may have the ability to get married and have sex, but that doesn't mean that they're immune from sexual sin as well. 

Also, notice how the person he talked to was sexual abused. That may have more to do with his homosexuality than being "made that way." Isn't it fairly certain at this point that homosexuality has more to do with environmental factors in childhood and early adolescence rather than genetics? Sure, there may be things that lead to instances where a person may more susceptible exhibit traits of the opposite gender, however, that doesn't automatically mean a person will be gay. At most, maybe such factors would make the person when in combination with those environmental factors be at higher risk of developing same sex attraction.

You've got it mostly right.  Actually, the best evidence now is that the environmental factors take place in utero, which cause a certain (very, very small) part of the brain to develop more towards a feminine physiology than a masculine.  We're talking the size of a grain of sand in men, and the size of two grains of sand in women and homosexual men.  The prevalence of sexual abuse in childhood is more likely due to the predator knowing his prey than any molestation being the catalyst itself. 

What is correct in what you say is that the environmental factors make it more likely that a person will develop a homosexual orientation in combination with certain genetic traits, but none of them are a guarantor.
More significantly, the embrace of a harmful self-identity as ‘gay’ or ‘lesbian’ in the core of their beings is not being rejected by St. Peter’s successor.  Instead, if Cruz’s report holds up, we have a Pope who now simply asserts: “God made you gay.”

The Pontiff’s words are unsupported by the magisterium of the Church.https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/god-made-you-gay-did-pope-francis-just-tell-the-lie-of-the-century
[-] The following 2 users Like Eric F's post:
  • karl, olorin12
I'm never going to be a Pope Francis apologist, but this looks to be one more issue with the press trying to push an agenda.

Does that mean Pope Francis did not say something outrageous or unorthodox? No. He very well could have, but the media love to take a slightly off statement and then make it into something very different.

The LA Times article—because of course the LA times is a bastion of conservative values and would never try to misrepresent anyone to try to push a militant pro-gay message—opens even with heavy qualification :

Quote:Pope Francis has reportedly told a gay man that "God made you that way and loves you as you are," apparently pushing the pontiff's acceptance of homosexuality to a new level.

Translation to plain simple English : "Some guy claims without any proof of it that Pope Francis said something that I can twist to make it sound pro-homosexual, and of course that means I am going to make it seems like he's fully accepting of homosexuals, and the Church has been wrong all along. Now I am going to continue to repeat this hearsay conversation which has no corroboration many time is different ways along with quoting Fr James Martin because he'll twist it even more and make it sound perfectly good. I though I would let you know."

Heck, even Fr Martin says this :

Quote:Martin stressed that the pope's comments were reported, not announced. "We have to distinguish between something the pope said on the record and a conversation," he said.

Again, while not saying that Pope Francis is a bastion of orthodoxy or isn't trying to push such an agenda, clearly this is part of a media effort to push things even further leftward.
(05-21-2018, 03:41 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: I'm never going to be a Pope Francis apologist, but this looks to be one more issue with the press trying to push an agenda.

Does that mean Pope Francis did not say something outrageous or unorthodox? No. He very well could have, but the media love to take a slightly off statement and then make it into something very different.

The LA Times article—because of course the LA times is a bastion of conservative values and would never try to misrepresent anyone to try to push a militant pro-gay message—opens even with heavy qualification :

Quote:Pope Francis has reportedly told a gay man that "God made you that way and loves you as you are," apparently pushing the pontiff's acceptance of homosexuality to a new level.

Translation to plain simple English : "Some guy claims without any proof of it that Pope Francis said something that I can twist to make it sound pro-homosexual, and of course that means I am going to make it seems like he's fully accepting of homosexuals, and the Church has been wrong all along. Now I am going to continue to repeat this hearsay conversation which has no corroboration many time is different ways along with quoting Fr James Martin because he'll twist it even more and make it sound perfectly good. I though I would let you know."

Heck, even Fr Martin says this :

Quote:Martin stressed that the pope's comments were reported, not announced. "We have to distinguish between something the pope said on the record and a conversation," he said.

Again, while not saying that Pope Francis is a bastion of orthodoxy or isn't trying to push such an agenda, clearly this is part of a media effort to push things even further leftward.

Yeah, this is yet another in a long series of things His Holiness has said that is not technically wrong in any way, but is said in a way that allows the media to turn it into something it's not.  The media is evil, full stop, and they will do everything they can to distort anything coming out of the Church, but Pope Francis bends over backwards to feed them straight lines (no pun intended).  He makes their jobs so much easier.

While Pope Francis does say things that are wrong, and this greatly troubles me, it actually troubles me more when he says something that is _not_ wrong, but says it in a way that it will be largely misinterpreted, both intentionally and _unintentionally_.  He couldn't be any less media savvy, in my opinion, than if he had time-travelled from pre-Gutenberg days.  Unless he's doing all this on purpose, which I don't want to believe, but can't rule out.

Heavenly Mother, pray for the Church!
I think a few here are missing the larger picture here.

The person Bergoglio was saying this to was one of the victims in the Chilean abuse scandal.  The victim had been sodomized numerous times by a priest/bishop when he was young.  When Bergoglio tells the (now presumably sexually active homosexual) man that "God made you like this" (which is a direct quote), he completely disregards the possibility that the man is what he is because of the evil acts perpetrated upon him by a vile and evil man (or men).  Those acts of evil were not at all done at God's will or bequest, and for Bergoglio to tell the man unequivocally that God "made you like this" is a double slap in the face.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bonaventure's post:
  • Eric F