St Andrew's Daily Missal - question
Peace.....I have been reading the morning and evening prayers in the missal which also includes compline, but only for Sundays and Feast Days.  What does one use for compline during the week?  I would like to use the missal for all my prayers if possible.....God bless, angeltime & Tks! :heart:
I just use Night Prayer in the Divine Office. (The four volume LOTH circa 1975)
[-] The following 1 user Likes sobercatholic's post:
  • Knight Hospitaller
Just use Divinum Officium.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 5 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • angeltime, CaptCrunch73, karl, Knight Hospitaller, sobercatholic
Or use pre-1911 Compline, where the Psalms at Compline don't change. :)
I have the same missal, it is by far my favorite (minus how i have to squint to read the commentary at the start of each feast/sunday).

Compline is the same everyday prior to the pre-1911 changes.  So I think you are safe to say Compline in that Missal M-S if you want.

Also the morning prayers in that missal is essentially Prime without the Psalms.
(05-22-2018, 10:21 AM)StMichael929 Wrote: I have the same missal, it is by far my favorite (minus how i have to squint to read the commentary at the start of each feast/sunday).

Compline is the same everyday prior to the pre-1911 changes.  So I think you are safe to say Compline in that Missal M-S if you want.

Also the morning prayers in that missal is essentially Prime without the Psalms.

Peace.....thankyou for all your comments; I can see that others are using various options.  God bless, angeltime :heart:
(05-22-2018, 10:21 AM)StMichael929 Wrote: Compline is the same everyday prior to the pre-1911 changes.  So I think you are safe to say Compline in that Missal M-S if you want.

Almost the same; the antiphons and brief Respond change during Eastertide, the ending of the Hymn changes on various feasts, and there are the four Marian Antiphons. And then there's the Triduum and Easter Octave. But the four Psalms are the same every day.
(05-23-2018, 01:25 AM)Paul Wrote:
(05-22-2018, 10:21 AM)StMichael929 Wrote: Compline is the same everyday prior to the pre-1911 changes.  So I think you are safe to say Compline in that Missal M-S if you want.

Almost the same; the antiphons and brief Respond change during Eastertide, the ending of the Hymn changes on various feasts, and there are the four Marian Antiphons. And then there's the Triduum and Easter Octave. But the four Psalms are the same every day.
Peace.....thanks!  God bless, angeltime :heart: