Inquiry regarding Tridentine Mass
https://www.churchmilitant.com/video/epi...oli-schism
(05-29-2018, 06:01 PM)vpanno Wrote: No one reaches the Father unless they go through Christ (Jn 14:6). Thus, when Jews and Muslims 'pray', their prayers do not reach the Father. Meaning they do not worship God. I guess one could say they try to but fail due to their erroneous perception of our Lord Jesus - as both groups ignore He is the messiah and the Son of God.

Seems a bit overly-literal, along the lines of the Protestants' using 'call no man father' to criticise the title for Catholic priests. One could interpret the verse as regarding salvation, that belief in Christ is necessary to be saved and reach the Beatific Vision in heaven.

Why wouldn't God wouldn't hear the prayers of a non-Catholic and send him graces to convert? And if prayers can be 'blocked' by the Son, those prayers do reach God, since the Son is also God.

I've never heard that the Church teaches God is incapable of hearing the prayers of non-Catholics. Seems to deny His omniscience.
(05-29-2018, 10:11 PM)Paul Wrote: I've never heard that the Church teaches God is incapable of hearing the prayers of non-Catholics. Seems to deny His omniscience.

"incapable" and "unwilling" are two different things.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s