Selling stuff on Sunday
Is it sinful to sell stuff using online classifieds on a Sunday.
(05-26-2018, 11:12 PM)For Petes Sake Wrote: Is it sinful to sell stuff using online classifieds on a Sunday.

I don't think we'll find an exact ruling on this, so I'll just give my opinion on some things to consider.

Can it be sold on another day?

Is it necessary?

Is it something you need to sell right away to have the money for necessities?

Is this a continual practice, or a one-time event.
(05-26-2018, 11:12 PM)For Petes Sake Wrote: Is it sinful to sell stuff using online classifieds on a Sunday.

If you're making the listing on a Sunday, that doesn't seem to be a problem, since you're just writing up and publishing an offer for sale, but can't you just wait until Monday. If there's a good reason not to, then I don't see the issue.

If you're just fulfilling the delivery on Sunday, then there also doesn't seem to be a problem, since the convenience of the other person (often travelling from a distance), may make Sunday the only practical day to transact. That would be enough of a necessity for an occasional thing, but again, could you not just say you're unavailable on Sunday?
(05-27-2018, 12:42 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:

If you're making the listing on a Sunday, that doesn't seem to be a problem, since you're just writing up and publishing an offer for sale, but can't you just wait until Monday. If there's a good reason not to, then I don't see the issue.

If you're just fulfilling the delivery on Sunday, then there also doesn't seem to be a problem, since the convenience of the other person (often travelling from a distance), may make Sunday the only practical day to transact. That would be enough of a necessity for an occasional thing, but again, could you not just say you're unavailable on Sunday?

I have in the past and then they never respond back. There is no urgent need to sell anything I was just curious.
If it doesn't interfere with the sabbatical nature of Sunday, then we have liberty to do it.

For myself, I've tried to avoid unnecessary commerce on Sundays.  If it makes no difference to post a job listing, ebay item listing, new product listing on my website, etc., on Monday, then I defer it to Monday.