Good prayers to add to one's day?
I'm now at a point where I am confident I will pray at least one five decade Rosary a day. I make sure I include my boyfriend and his daughter, as well as vocations to the priesthood and religious life, in my intentions. I'd like to build on this foundation.

What are some other good prayers to add, or should I focus on praying more decades of the Rosary? I've rejoined the Living Rosary Foundation (you pray an assigned decade for the triumph of the Immaculate Heart of Mary and the honor of Saint Philomena; they also send a lovely newsletter by mail) along with being a Rosary Confraternity member. 

I know that devotional life differs from person to person when it comes to certain prayers, so it isn't one size fits all, but suggestions would be great nonetheless. :)
Short prayer for all the dead.
[-] The following 2 users Like Florus's post:
  • Becky, In His Love
St. Louis de Montfort's Way: Total Consecration Darling, this is so beneficial. May God reward your efforts to please Him!
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
[-] The following 5 users Like JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • angeltime, Becky, CaptCrunch73, In His Love, IntoTheMystic
Thank you both very kindly. :)
The angelus
[-] The following 3 users Like Poche's post:
  • angeltime, CaptCrunch73, In His Love
Daily morning offering and nightly examination of conscience.

Short daily prayers to Jesus, Mary, Joseph, st. Michael, your guardian angel, your patron saint, and for the holy souls. These are essential. It doesnt even have to be formal but I think these should never be left out. I would also highly recommend invoking the angels of your friends, family, saints, parish, city, etc. Just make a general intention every once in a while, the angels are too often forgotten.

Short mental prayer, doesnt even need to have words. Just let God speak to you.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
[-] The following 4 users Like Dominicus's post:
  • Becky, CaptCrunch73, In His Love, jovan66102
(05-28-2018, 10:11 PM)In His Love Wrote: I'm now at a point where I am confident I will pray at least one five decade Rosary a day. I make sure I include my boyfriend and his daughter, as well as vocations to the priesthood and religious life, in my intentions. I'd like to build on this foundation.

What are some other good prayers to add, or should I focus on praying more decades of the Rosary? I've rejoined the Living Rosary Foundation (you pray an assigned decade for the triumph of the Immaculate Heart of Mary and the honor of Saint Philomena; they also send a lovely newsletter by mail) along with being a Rosary Confraternity member. 

I know that devotional life differs from person to person when it comes to certain prayers, so it isn't one size fits all, but suggestions would be great nonetheless. :)
Peace.....I am wondering if the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary is a prayer book you might like to use.  (it may be difficult to locate an older version but there is not much difference)  It is the very first prayer book I used.  Also, you might like to pray the 7-decade Sorrowful Rosary - comes with the mysteries and prayers to be used. For several years, I prayed this on Fridays and now use it during Lent.  Sounds like the Blessed Mother is calling you closer!  God bless, angeltime :heart:
[-] The following 3 users Like angeltime's post:
  • Becky, In His Love, IntoTheMystic
Here's a longer version of the three hail Mary's that I found somewhere:
Quote:At the end of each, pray 1 Hail Mary and say, “By thy holy and Immaculate Conception, O Mary, make my body pure and my soul holy; preserve me this day [this night] from mortal sin.”

With all my heart I praise Thee, Most Holy Virgin above all angels and saints in Paradise, Daughter of the Eternal Father, and I consecrate to Thee my soul with all its faculties. Hail Mary...*

With all my heart I praise Thee, Most Holy Virgin above all angels and saints in Paradise, beloved Mother of the Son of God. I consecrate to Thee my body with all its senses. Hail Mary...*

With all my heart I praise Thee, Most Holy Virgin above all angels and saints in Paradise, beloved Spouse of the Holy Ghost, I consecrate to Thee my heart, with all its affections and beseech Thee to obtain for me from the Most Holy Trinity all the graces necessary for salvation. Hail Mary...

Compline is also a nice way to end the day.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612
[-] The following 2 users Like GangGreen's post:
  • Becky, In His Love
The Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary has had quite the effect upon my life for the better. Also, a daily holy hour if you can swing it has been incredibly beneficial. If you are unable to do those 15 - 30 min of quiet meditation/prayer is wonderful.
I am in the process of discerning my vocation with the help of my priest. If you would like to read my thoughts as I progress through this process of discernment feel free to visit my blog: https://walkingthelittleway.com
[-] The following 2 users Like IntoTheMystic's post:
  • angeltime, In His Love
Here are some very nice morning prayers you could add to your daily rule:

O Lord, our heavenly Father, Almighty and everlasting God, who has safely brought us to the beginning of this day: defend us by thy mighty power; and grant that this day we fall into no sin, but that all our doings may be ordered by thy governance, to do always that is righteous in thy sight. 

O Lord, Almighty God, King of heaven and earth, Savior of the world, bless, lead, rule and govern our hearts and bodies, our senses, words and deeds today, following thy law and commandments, that here and for eternity with thy help we shall be saved in freedom. 

O Almighty God, Thine are the good things and the beauty of creation.  Grant us this day to begin it joyfully in Thy name and to complete it lovingly in service to Thee and our brothers 

Direct, we beseech Thee, O Lord, all our actions by thy holy inspirations, and carry them on by thy gracious assistance, that every prayer and work of ours may being always from Thee, and by Thee be happily ended:
[-] The following 3 users Like StMichael929's post:
  • angeltime, Becky, In His Love