Good prayers to add to one's day?
Here is also some advice J.R.R. Tolkien gave his son:

If you don’t do so already, make a habit of the ‘praises’. I use them much (in Latin): the Gloria Patri, the Gloria in Excelsis, the Laudate Dominum; the Laudate Pueri Dominum (of which I am specially fond), one of the Sunday psalms; and the Magnificat; also the Litany of Loretto (with the prayer Sub tuum praesidium). If you have these by heart you never need for words of joy. It is also a good and admirable thing to know by heart the Canon of the Mass, for you can say this in your heart if ever hard circumstances keep you from hearing Mass. . . . Less doth yearning trouble him who knoweth many songs, or with his hands can touch the harp: his possession is his gift of ‘glee’ which God gave him.[1] 
[-] The following 1 user Likes StMichael929's post:
  • In His Love
Get yourself a Monastic Diurnal.
"Punishment is justice for the unjust." Saint Augustine of Hippo
[-] The following 1 user Likes RyanPatrick's post:
  • In His Love
Thank you all! 

Something that's helped me a lot, as odd as it sounds, is being much busier in the States than I was in Canada. It's helped me focus on the times I have the most downtime to pray, as opposed to having a lot of free time and getting lazy. I'm grateful for that.
(05-29-2018, 03:47 PM)In His Love Wrote: Thank you all! 

Something that's helped me a lot, as odd as it sounds, is being much busier in the States than I was in Canada. It's helped me focus on the times I have the most downtime to pray, as opposed to having a lot of free time and getting lazy. I'm grateful for that.
Peace.....keeping ourselves busy but prayerful is important - it all becomes one really!  Even in a cloistered monastery, there are chores and work to be done.  It is not an idle day by any stretch of the imagination.  God bless, angeltime :heart:
[-] The following 1 user Likes angeltime's post:
  • In His Love
The Jesus Prayer:

O Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy upon me, a sinner.

I pray this as often as I can, especially if I had any sinful thought or to prevent myself from committing a sin.
Say no to NO.
[-] The following 2 users Like Paradosiakos's post:
  • angeltime, Florus