What are some ways to inspire my boyfriend to pray the Rosary?
I brought my boyfriend a blue Fatima 100th anniversary, a black Rosary pouch, and a "How to pray the Rosary" booklet. He has received, from what I can tell, little formation beyond his Baptism as an infant. What can I do to get him interested in praying the Rosary?
I would get him a short summary on the miracle at Fatima, such as in a small booklet that's easy to read. Or maybe get him to watch the movie called "The 13th Day". The miracle at Fatima, once you learn the facts about it, you will realize it cannot be denied. Once that is realized, the average person will want to pray the Rosary!
[-] The following 2 users Like pabbie's post:
  • In His Love, Sacred Heart lover
(05-29-2018, 05:17 PM)pabbie Wrote: I would get him a short summary on the miracle at Fatima, such as in a small booklet that's easy to read. Or maybe get him to watch the movie called "The 13th Day". The miracle at Fatima, once you learn the facts about it, you will realize it cannot be denied. Once that is realized, the average person will want to pray the Rosary!

Thank you! :)
I would suggest  offering your intentions as you pray the Rosary and let God work it out and ask Mary to intercede .
"There are in truth three states of the converted: the beginning,  the middle and the perfection. In the beginning, they experience the charms of sweetness; in the middle, the contests of temptation; and in the end, the fullness of perfection."
-- Pope St. Gregory

Cor Jesu Eucharistic Miserere Nobis 

Salus animarum suprema lex
[-] The following 2 users Like CaptCrunch73's post:
  • angeltime, In His Love
(05-29-2018, 05:17 PM)pabbie Wrote: I would get him a short summary on the miracle at Fatima, such as in a small booklet that's easy to read. Or maybe get him to watch the movie called "The 13th Day". The miracle at Fatima, once you learn the facts about it, you will realize it cannot be denied. Once that is realized, the average person will want to pray the Rosary!

This is a great idea!

The Fatima parish mission this priest put on is super thorough and full of historical facts that are quite convincing.  Really life changing information!

(05-29-2018, 05:26 PM)In His Love Wrote:

Thank you! :)

If you do choose to go this root there are some great and really inexpensive booklets at this site.

http://www.olrl.org/

I buy things in bulk here and usually add them to things I sell on eBay.
"There are in truth three states of the converted: the beginning,  the middle and the perfection. In the beginning, they experience the charms of sweetness; in the middle, the contests of temptation; and in the end, the fullness of perfection."
-- Pope St. Gregory

Cor Jesu Eucharistic Miserere Nobis 

Salus animarum suprema lex
These stories transformed me.

Tell him to read this page.

https://www.michaeljournal.org/articles/...the-rosary
(05-29-2018, 05:09 PM)In His Love Wrote: What can I do to get him interested in praying the Rosary?

Simple deductive reasoning.

Take two simple propositions.  Hell hurts a lot, and is eternal.  Mary said that the Rosary will save sinners from Hell.

Now, I don't like to hurt, therefore I don't like Hell.  The Rosary keeps me from Hell, therefore the Rosary keeps me from hurting.  From this it follows that I like the Rosary, because the Rosary saves me from eternal pain, which I hate.  Therefore, I am interested in praying the Rosary.  

Well, my girlfriend and I had a hard time getting started saying the Rosary.  It was not fun, it was long, it was boring, it was difficult to meditate, it was (insert lame excuse here).  What got me motivated was the thought that it would save me from Hell if I was persistent.  There were dozens and dozens of times I fell, I would omit it for weeks and even months at a time.  And every time I gave it up, I fell back into old sins.  By the grace of God, I managed to keep at it.  Now I have been able to go several months and have said it everyday (admittedly, I have a really difficult time meditating, and at times it can become rote.  That is my struggle right now.)

Also, heckle him.  Be annoying.  Did you pray?  You should pray?  Let's say our prayers.  Something like that.  It worked for my fiancee, and she says it daily now too.  Hope that that helps.