Mass change 5 years ago
Yeah ... I thought so ...

[Image: circles_of_hell_in_dantes_inferno_50291c...1500_2.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • CaptCrunch73, Dominicus, Florus, VoxClamantis
(05-29-2018, 11:46 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: Yes, Jovan, I know what you were tempted to post, so I will pre-empt.

This is option #2, and I'm enjoying how it's playing out.

:D

OK. I'll refrain. For now!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(05-29-2018, 11:44 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:
(05-29-2018, 11:39 PM)Florus Wrote: Guys all the mass changes 448 years ago with Pius V's missal have been really troubling me, in order to cope during mass I belt the missing sequences out-loud over the Gospel and I haven't been allowed in Church since, I miss the 1560s :(

You too! I thought I was alone in that boat.

I only recently finally got my reprint of the Gelasian Sacramentary, so 750 here we come!

Uggh, modernists! I think we should return to the animal sacrifices and burnt offerings.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dominicus's post:
  • MagisterMusicae
(05-30-2018, 12:06 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: Yeah ... I thought so ...

[Image: circles_of_hell_in_dantes_inferno_50291c...1500_2.jpg]

Just how i imagined it.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
Just waking up and having morning coffee and had to stop drinking my coffee so so I didn't spit it all over the screen because of the laughter, great thread.

Thanks guys! :salute:
"There are in truth three states of the converted: the beginning,  the middle and the perfection. In the beginning, they experience the charms of sweetness; in the middle, the contests of temptation; and in the end, the fullness of perfection."
-- Pope St. Gregory

Cor Jesu Eucharistic Miserere Nobis 

Salus animarum suprema lex
(05-29-2018, 07:34 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: There's just nothing like the Good Ol' Days :

[Image: puppets900.jpg]

Usquequo Domine oblivisceris me in finem, usquequo avertis faciem tuam a me!

Evidently I'm ignorant or missing something.   From the looks of the responses I have a feeling I'm out alone on an island.  Guess when my 16 year old is out of the house I'll find another church.  I don't really want to but it's becoming obvious this isn't the church for me.....
Seriously, I know you just joined the forum yesterday, but did you not lurk or at least read through a few threads before joining? This is a Traditionalist forum. We don't like the Nervous Disorder even when it's translated properly. When the translation from the Typical Latin sounds as if it was done by a first year Latin student who hasn't been paying attention in class, it's even worse.

Before the translation was corrected, I used to quietly make the responses in Latin because I refused to sully a Classical language by using such a stupid translation.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Knight Hospitaller
(05-30-2018, 01:02 PM)kenny1943 Wrote:
(05-29-2018, 07:34 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: There's just nothing like the Good Ol' Days :

Evidently I'm ignorant or missing something.   From the looks of the responses I have a feeling I'm out alone on an island.  Guess when my 16 year old is out of the house I'll find another church.  I don't really want to but it's becoming obvious this isn't the church for me.....

Let me pose an honest question to you. Why exactly do you go to Mass?
"There are in truth three states of the converted: the beginning,  the middle and the perfection. In the beginning, they experience the charms of sweetness; in the middle, the contests of temptation; and in the end, the fullness of perfection."
-- Pope St. Gregory

Cor Jesu Eucharistic Miserere Nobis 

Salus animarum suprema lex

What are all those old ladies doing around those stupid puppet things?  They look like piñatas or Pokey and Gumby characters!
(05-30-2018, 10:27 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote:

What are all those old ladies doing around those stupid puppet things?  They look like piñatas or Pokey and Gumby characters!

They are trying to console the puppets ... despite being "heavenly bodies" they weren't invited to the Met ... such a shame, that!