Irish Bishop: Those Who Voted Yes Committed Grave Sin, Must Go to Confession
Doran advised Catholics who "voted Yes knowing and intending that abortion would be the outcome then you should consider coming to confession, where you would be received with the same compassion that is shown to any other penitent." https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/arti...confession

Good to hear the Bishop say this. It's very simple really, all those who voted for the legalization of abortion are now in a state of mortal sin.
True enough, although one also has to actually have contrition and a purpose of amendment (such as not supporting pro-abortion movements in the future or even supporting pro-life movements).
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612
(05-29-2018, 08:15 PM)GangGreen Wrote: True enough, although one also has to actually have contrition and a purpose of amendment (such as not supporting pro-abortion movements in the future or even supporting pro-life movements).

And an intention to restore the justice which has been gravely wounded by being a participant, which might demand a fairly severe and long-term penance, or pro-life work ...
I seen no meaningful difference between 'yes' voters and people who are guilty of conspiracy to murder.
(05-29-2018, 09:09 PM)For Petes Sake Wrote: I seen no meaningful difference between 'yes' voters and people who are guilty of conspiracy to murder.

From the standpoint of cooperation with sin, while the "yes" voters would not be subject to an automatic excommunication, they certainly will be in some way responsible for every abortion which follows from this, and thus the gravity of their sin here is unimaginably severe.
Pope Francis when he was Cardinal Bergoglio of Buenos Aires said that those Catholic legislators who voted for abortion should consider themselves excommunicated from the Church.