Why was Pope Francis silent on Ireland voting for abortion?
While the world reeled at the alleged comments Pope Francis recently made on homosexuality, it also noticed the pontiff’s deafening silence on Ireland’s now-lost abortion referendum. https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/pope-...r-abortion
Because it didn’t involve “the poor,” flinging open the doors of Europe to migrants, global warming and other environmental pseudoscience, and most of all because his involvement likely wouldn’t have provided very many opportunities for him looking humble to be photographed for the world’s admiration.
[-] The following 2 users Like Credidi Propter's post:
  • Bonaventure, Eric F
An Anglican friend of mine had this thought on the question (emphasis added),

Quote:My interpretation of Francis's apparent inconsistency (speaking up on Alfie but silent on the abortion referendum)--well, besides the fact that he's evil or deranged or whatever--is that "Catholic" liberals can criticize anti-Catholic actions of the State when they are "undemocratic" in character, as the treatment of Alfie and his parents was, but cannot criticize Democracy (their real religion), because that would open the way to questioning liberalism itself, and we can't have that!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
(05-30-2018, 08:43 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: An Anglican friend of mine had this thought on the question (emphasis added),

Quote:My interpretation of Francis's apparent inconsistency (speaking up on Alfie but silent on the abortion referendum)--well, besides the fact that he's evil or deranged or whatever--is that "Catholic" liberals can criticize anti-Catholic actions of the State when they are "undemocratic" in character, as the treatment of Alfie and his parents was, but cannot criticize Democracy (their real religion), because that would open the way to questioning liberalism itself, and we can't have that!

Truth by consensus, according to the feelings of the majority.

What boils down to mob rule. :(

Especially when people can so easily be manipulated by media contrived social engineering and applied peer pressure.

But that, of course, reveals that it isn't democracy at all, but oligarchy.

The "hidden hand" rules all!
But his dear friendship with Dr. Bicycle Pump revealed the Pope's true nature years ago:

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/pope-f...n-promoter
Or would Pope Francis and the Irish clergy publicly speaking about this hurt the 'no' side, since most people in Ireland no longer care for the Church because of the scandals, and would be even more likely to go vote to stick it to the bishops?
                                         A Pope's duty is to speak the truth.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eric F's post:
  • formerbuddhist