Natural pain management in birth
Oh 26 hours! Wow respect over here. I hope that your second experience is better. I heard that pitocin is like labor on steroids so massive respect. Did the needle hurt?

I'm probably going to have given birth in six weeks too so haha.

Are you having a girl or a boy? I'm having a girl this time and we're having the hardest time picking out catholic names. I secretly want a really extravagant one but worry about whether someone will tease her about it or if someone won't pronounce it right.
Second and subsequent babies usually come much faster, so take heart! My advice: don't think of contractions as painful; think of them as powerful. Contractions are like riding a big old wave. Either you ride on top of it and go with it, or it can pull you under. Be grateful for the rests in-between, when your body will produce oxytocin to help you get through. 

Can you tell I loved giving birth? All the best to you and your family! Keep us posted on how it goes!
[-] The following 1 user Likes JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • Cecilia9
(06-08-2018, 05:02 PM)Cecilia9 Wrote: Oh 26 hours! Wow respect over here. I hope that your second experience is better. I heard that pitocin is like labor on steroids so massive respect. Did the needle hurt?

I'm probably going to have given birth in six weeks too so haha.

Are you having a girl or a boy? I'm having a girl this time and we're having the hardest time picking out catholic names. I secretly want a really extravagant one but worry about whether someone will tease her about it or if someone won't pronounce it right.

It was 33 hours all told. I was a moron and was up til 2 am cleaning my house. Then my water broke at 3am TAT Long labors tend to run in my family, but I think it was worse because I was already tired. So get good sleep as your due date approaches! Feed yourself well too. 

Yes, pitocin does cause stronger contractions than normal labor, so generally it makes things more painful. My epidural didn’t hurt very much though, it was more like a strange tickle and a pressure. It started to wear off after 6 hours- I woke up from my nap numb on one only one side of my body and feeling his head uncomfortably low lol.

I’m also having a little girl this time Smile we named her after our patron saints. Before we knew we were having a girl, we pulled out our encyclopedia of saints and picked out a few male names and saints we liked too. Some of the more obscure saints have some interesting names, you might try doing the same. Maybe do a more conventional middle name, so the child can use that name when they are older , if they prefer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Catherine's post:
  • Cecilia9
Congratulations on your girl!

I guess I have to put a suggestion in here now . Those electronic TENS pads that buzz on your back during contractions are a pretty nice distraction if you've never used it before. They became ineffective after the seventh cm but that's my tip. I can't this time because we are going to attempt a water birth and the two don't mix well haha.

Best of luck to you - I guess we'll see what happens in six weeks .
(06-08-2018, 10:07 PM)Cecilia9 Wrote: Congratulations on your girl!

I guess I have to put a suggestion in here now . Those electronic TENS pads that buzz on your back during contractions are a pretty nice distraction if you've never used it before. They became ineffective after the seventh cm but that's my tip. I can't this time because we are going to attempt a water birth and the two don't mix well haha.

Best of luck to you - I guess we'll see what happens in six weeks .

Thanks! Best of luck to you as well!