How to recite the Traditional Benedictine or Dominican Office?
Hello,

I have recently acquired a full set of 1947 Dominican Breviaries, and I will soon acquire a set of 1939 Benedictine Breviaries. Both sets are in Latin.

Are there any books (or websites) out there that would teach someone how to say the Traditional Dominican or Benedictine Breviaries?

I recite the Traditional Roman Office (according to Divino Afflatu) every day so I am already extremely comfortable with how to say the Traditional Office in general, but I know there are variations for both the Dominican and Benedictine Breviaries and so would really like to get any book, or go find any website, that's out there that would teach one how to say the Traditional Benedictine or Traditional Dominican Divine Office.

If you know of any books or websites that would do this, please let me know.

Also, if any poster knows of any particular differences between the Roman Rite and the Benedictine and/or Dominican Offices, feel free to post any of those differences as replies to this thread. Any of that would help me out.

Thanks!

God bless you,

Cath4ever
Check out Saints Shall Arise. It's an Ordo for recitation of the Benedictine Breviary according to the 1963 Rubrics and Calendar.

Also, Divinum Officium has a setting for the Monastic Breviary, but it's pre-Tridentine.

Your books are sort of in the middle! I don't know of any resources for the Dominican Breviary.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

There used to be a blog about the Dominican Breviary but not sure if it's still up. It was pretty chock full of info but man,it's been probably 5 or 6 years since I've checked. If i come across it ill post the link.

http://breviariumsop.blogspot.com/?m=1
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon