EU ‘Greatest Human Dream Realized Since Romans’?
Interesting how the destruction of civilizational structures, and the elimination of national greatness is his measure of good.  And while it may appear that this post simply bashes the C of E, there are, unfortunately, many a Catholic bishop that share his mentality.

Archbishop Welby Says EU ‘Greatest Human Dream Realised Since Romans,’ Brought ‘Diversity’

Quote:The principal leader of the Church of England has declared the European Union (EU) “the greatest dream realised for human beings since the fall of the Western Roman Empire”.

The Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, made the statement in a speech to the General Assembly of the Conference of European Churches (CEC) in Serbia on Sunday.

“[The EU] has brought peace, prosperity, compassion for the poor and weak, purpose for the aspirational, and hope for all its people,” he claimed.

He also highlighted how there are “Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, and many of no faith at all” in European now, arguing: “That diversity is one of the gifts of the Europe of the EU, but to live with that diversity must call for the gift of reconciliation through the church.” Returning to Brexit, he seemed to link the vote to bigotry, attacking “the rise of Euroscepticism, the flames of which are fanned by ‘scare stories’ about migration and refugees”, according to the Church Times.

Related article: Archbishop Welby Attacks Brexit, Tells Brits to Welcome Mass Migration and ‘Change with the Newcomers’
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bonaventure's post:
  • Roger Buck
I tend to wonder what world these people live in. How can any person who claims to be a Christian look around at the depravity of the modern world and say it's good? How can any person who claims to be a Christian look around at a massive influx of people of a religion that hates yours, commits acts of violence against your kind without qualms, and is fairly intolerant of conversion, and say it's good?

The EU is nothing but evil. My hope is that Italy somehow breaks the hold that the EU has over them and starts a chain reaction of other countries breaking away and reestablishing their sovereignty.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612

[Image: 2lq3.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like GangGreen's post:
  • Bonaventure, Eric F, formerbuddhist, olorin12
That ANYONE with eyes to see could EVER say the sheer delusional nonsense that people keep claiming about "diversity", "peace" and the "E.U." is anything but false blows my mind. It's as if the globalist strategy seems to be to repeat a lie enough times and fit it with a thin religious veneer so that people start to believe it. 

Lets face it folks,outside conservative Christian circles scattered across various churches institutional Christianity of ALL varieties has pretty much been fully taken over by the globalist, liberal,diversity and tolerance crowd!
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 3 users Like formerbuddhist's post:
  • Eric F, Roger Buck, Sacred Heart lover
Despite what the Archlayman of Canterbury says, in ten years there will be no EU. There may still be a bunch of bureaucrats in Brussels, suckling at the public teat, but the 'European Experiment' will be dead in the water with the reassertion of sovereignty by the states involved.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • olorin12
(06-07-2018, 03:00 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Despite what the Archlayman of Canterbury says, in ten years there will be no EU. There may still be a bunch of bureaucrats in Brussels, suckling at the public teat, but the 'European Experiment' will be dead in the water with the reassertion of sovereignty by the states involved.

Let's hope so!
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612

[Image: 2lq3.png]
(06-07-2018, 03:09 PM)GangGreen Wrote:
(06-07-2018, 03:00 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Despite what the Archlayman of Canterbury says, in ten years there will be no EU. There may still be a bunch of bureaucrats in Brussels, suckling at the public teat, but the 'European Experiment' will be dead in the water with the reassertion of sovereignty by the states involved.

Let's hope so!

Oh, it's already happening. BREXIT, the new Italian Government, Hungary and Poland flipping the EU the bird. It's begun.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • olorin12

Your optimism is striking indeed, Jovan.

Alas, I fear the EU is SO entrenched that I can't be so sure.

This is NOT to argue with you though, because I think you process a lot of news and a lot of information much more rapidly than I do. You know a lot that I don't.

Still, living as I do, in the EU, the phenomenon still looks limited. And again the EU appears so, so entrenched. Only a small proportion of people in Ireland for example are thinking of an "Irexit". And of that small portion very, very few of them I think would have the fire and guts to produce a widescale movement. The parties here are thoroughly beholden to the EU and the emergence of an Irish Farage would seem unlikely indeed.

Of course, the emergence of a British Farage and his astonishing success once seemed unlikely too.

Again, I am not arguing. I would actually LOVE to hear more - much more! - on what you base this striking prediction.
(07-07-2018, 02:58 AM)Roger Buck Wrote:

Your optimism is striking indeed, Jovan.

Alas, I fear the EU is SO entrenched that I can't be so sure.

This is NOT to argue with you though, because I think you process a lot of news and a lot of information much more rapidly than I do. You know a lot that I don't.

Still, living as I do, in the EU, the phenomenon still looks limited. And again the EU appears so, so entrenched. Only a small proportion of people in Ireland for example are thinking of an "Irexit". And of that small portion very, very few of them I think would have the fire and guts to produce a widescale movement. The parties here are thoroughly beholden to the EU and the emergence of an Irish Farage would seem unlikely indeed.

Of course, the emergence of a British Farage and his astonishing success once seemed unlikely too.

Again, I am not arguing. I would actually LOVE to hear more - much more! - on what you base this striking prediction.

I'm optimistic with Jovan, no offense to you brother, but Ireland is content with drowning with the sinking EU ship.

I think the future of Europe will be Eastern, and by that I mean the "lower" nations will become the stronger ones. France, Britain, Spain, Germany will no longer be the leaders of Europe as they have been for centuries. Sectarian violence brought on by a kulturkampf with the increase demographics of muslims will weaken those nations, where as nations like Hungary, Poland, and perhaps Italy and Austria (once "weaker" nations, will be stronger as they are more unified and seem to be driving towards a goal, wheras EU nations are driving towards oblivion.")

The EU cannot survive because it has nowhere to go, what is the goal of the EU? What does it even mean to be European?
[-] The following 2 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • jovan66102, Roger Buck