Southern Grit/Depravity/Grace?
Well I've never visited the USA. What makes Americans laugh and what makes British laugh can be different but I thought this nugget about "Deep In the Heart of Texas" being banned on British radio in the early 1940s (when even I wasn't yet born) because it was thought that it might disrupt the war effort was quite funny. (The powers that be were worried about workers stopping their tasks to clap or stamp along with the song). https://soundbeat.org/episode/they-banne...-of-texas/

I suppose this should be on the autocorrect thread but my computer changed "nugget" to "suggest".
(06-15-2018, 07:23 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: Don't get me started. Too late!  Big Grin

Since we're talking Southern Rock bands, here's one of my favorites.

-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • Bourbon Apocalypse
(06-18-2018, 07:48 AM)Jeeter Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 07:23 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: Don't get me started. Too late!  Big Grin

Since we're talking Southern Rock bands, here's one of my favorites.

Saw DBT play last year. That singer does command the stage. He actually called me and a few friends out for standing away from the crowd and looking bored. He joked how the guys in prison would love one of the guys with whom I was standing (aloof). Funny thing--that very guy, an (extremely shady) alpha white guy spent a few years in Parchman, which is the toughest prison in Mississippi. (I often run with a crowd that would shock most decent people.) Good times.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bourbon Apocalypse's post:
  • Jeeter, Sacred Heart lover
[quote pid='1376777' dateline='1529322516']
Saw DBT play last year. That singer does command the stage. He actually called me and a few friends out for standing away from the crowd and looking bored. He joked how the guys in prison would love one of the guys with whom I was standing (aloof). Funny thing--that very guy, an (extremely shady) alpha white guy spent a few years in Parchman, which is the toughest prison in Mississippi. (I often run with a crowd that would shock most decent people.) Good times.
[/quote]

Love your posts.  Really spices up our boards!  LOL Big Grin
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
Yes, Bourbon A's posts do have a certain style. I'm not a big fan of C&W (I don't hate it - just not my favourite type of music) but it does have a following in the UK and used to (might still have but I haven't been there for ages) have a massive following in Ireland. I liked the song some years ago by Leanne Womack "I really hate her, I'll think of a reason later". Thinking of country and music put me in mind of a comedy-drama shown on UK TV as long ago as 1990. It was quirky but it was set in the Glasgow country and western scene (with a dark edge with the clubs being used to pass drugs). Anyway, here is an excerpt with a young (well youngish) Tilda Swinton singing "From a Distance"; she's not Nancy Griffiths but for someone who is an actress more than a singer I don't think she does a bad job. I also think the longer hair she had then suited her better than the cropped style she sometimes wears.
(06-19-2018, 04:21 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: [quote pid='1376777' dateline='1529322516']

Love your posts.  Really spices up our boards!  LOL Big Grin
[/quote]

Well, thank you, but that is probably because I post--usually (now being an exception)--only after having had a few drinks.
I don't know how they managed to pull it off but in the TV show "Your Cheatin' Heart" (the one I mentioned about country and western with a Scots accent) the show runners managed to get the late, great Guy Mitchell to sing with Eddi Reader (a Scots singer - she was in a band "Fairground Attraction" in the 1980s and now I think she mostly sings folky type music) Anyway, Mr Mitchell appears at about 0.27 in the linked video (though the sound is out of synchronisation).