The Eremitical Life
I'm not sure where to post this so please move or delete if needed. 

Recently, I had to come to the realization that I would not be able to enter a convent due to health issues - not terrible, but they would be a financial burden to a community (even if small). However, I am still very much called to religious life. I have been working with my director to discern a possible call to the Eremitical life since then (he says my desire to enter a cloister may have been me getting my 'signals crossed' as it is the solitude and commitment to prayer which he says seems to be the consistent underlying call I am feeling..thank God for spiritual directors!). However, he said that he does not have much experience in helping develop a personal rule and is going to introduce me to a few of the priests from the local Jesuit school to see if they would work well for me in helping to develop a rule and guide me through the 6 - 7 years of private profession (he calls it 'boot camp') before being considered for public profession with our Bishop. 

I am a bit concerned however as I'm not a very big fan of the current trends I'm seeing come out of the Jesuit communities (this one, in particular, is a university in Ohio which is Catholic in name only it seems anymore). I very much respect the Spiritual Exercises and the like...but I'm more drawn towards Carmelite spirituality. Certainly, if he recommends me to work with them I will out of obedience; however, do any of you have some advice as to what I should do if I notice the new director is not as traditional as the other? Should I just continue to work with him or should I seek a new director? I'm going to give them an honest chance - I trust my current director to not guide me in the wrong direction - however, I'm instantly skeptical of Jesuits (maybe this is an exercise in not being judgemental?). 

Anyway, any advice for someone who is in the process of switching directors? (also, I don't get online much anymore these days - obviously considering the vocation I'm discerning - so please don't be upset if it takes a day or two for me to respond. I'll try to be good about it though).
I am in the process of discerning my vocation with the help of my priest. If you would like to read my thoughts as I progress through this process of discernment feel free to visit my blog: https://walkingthelittleway.com
Have you told your director about these misgivings? It's important to be completely open and honest with him.

In any case not all Jesuits are bad, I'd say that its mostly the higher ups and the more public ones.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!