Book about John Paul II?
On the contrary, I did not know this was a forum where everyone had to believe that Saint JP2 was a bad man, and that protestant sacraments are totally valid.
:monstrance:Deo Gratias et Ave Maria! :monstrance:
Pray the Rosary

A Dieu mon ame,
Mon arme au roi,
Mon Coeur a la dame,
Mon honneur a moi!
(06-14-2018, 04:31 PM)ServusDei Wrote: On the contrary, I did not know this was a forum where everyone had to believe that Saint JP2 was a bad man, and that protestant sacraments are totally valid.

Protestant baptisms are valid because baptism doesn't require ordination. The Council of Trent already settled that:

"Canon 4. If anyone says that the baptism which is given by heretics in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit with the intention of doing what the Church does, is not true baptism, let him be anathema."
However what if the protestants have no intention of "doing what the Church does"? That is my point, and the focus of my thesis is whether it is valid or not.
Pray the Rosary

A Dieu mon ame,
Mon arme au roi,
Mon Coeur a la dame,
Mon honneur a moi!
(06-14-2018, 04:47 PM)ServusDei Wrote: However what if the protestants have no intention of "doing what the Church does"? That is my point, and the focus of my thesis is whether it is valid or not.

Then it would be invalid. But the Church interprets that to mean making one a member of the Church. And the practice when Protestants convert is to not baptise them, even conditionally. Go ask any parish priest. Or your bishop. The Church generally accept Protestant baptisms as valid, and shows that in her treatment of converts.
(06-14-2018, 03:09 PM)ServusDei Wrote: Firstly, he did not pay tribute to the Koran but showed his respect to their faith. I respect any religious because they are in search of God, which is a respectable thing to do. Granted, it is because of hate that there is no peace. Some extremist Moslems kill Christians, and Catholics like you utter things that not even Christ would say.

Be more charitable. I would die for any Moslem, atheist, Jew, Anglican, or otherwise, because I know I am better prepared to meet God than they. Christ did not utter any profanity, yet you who claim to be His follower utter hatred of thy brother! Are not you both children of God and heirs to heaven? Why then do you assume superiority? Did not Christ teach love, and did He not say that first was last, and last first?

Acknowledge thyself as a sinner. Thy faith does not make thee perfect. It was to your kind that Christ lamented when He told the parable of the men praying: the Pharisee was in the front of the Church thanking God that he was not like the tax collector, but the tax collector knew his iniquity and begged forgiveness.

How dare you look down upon Moslems when you yourself are worthy of Hell for your sins? You are no better than they, did not Christ say that Christians shall be recognized by their love?

Can you reconcile your statement above with the following (traditional) prayer about the human race and the part that specifically addresses Islam? Kissing the Koran does more than imply respect; it implies acceptance. The concern should be for those peoples eternal souls.

What you describe in your comment above is not Catholicism it is ecumenism go awry.

Act of Consecration of the Human Race to the Sacred Heart of Jesus (Pope Pius XI)

Most sweet Jesus, Redeemer of the human race, look down upon us humbly prostrate before Thine altar. We are Thine, and Thine we wish to be; but, to be more surely united with Thee, behold each one of us freely consecrates himself today to Thy most Sacred Heart.

Many indeed have never known Thee; many too, despising Thy precepts, have rejected Thee. Have mercy on them all, most merciful Jesus, and draw them to Thy sacred Heart. Be Thou King, O Lord, not only of the faithful who have never forsaken Thee, but also of the prodigal children who have abandoned Thee; grant that they may quickly return to Thy Father’s house lest they die of wretchedness and hunger.

Be Thou King of those who are deceived by erroneous opinions, or whom discord keeps aloof, and call them back to the harbor of truth and unity of faith, so that there may be but one flock and one Shepherd.

Be Thou King of all those who are still involved in the darkness of idolatry or of Islamism, and refuse not to draw them into the light and kingdom of God. Turn Thine eyes of mercy towards the children of the race, once Thy chosen people: of old they called down upon themselves the Blood of the Savior; may it now descend upon them a laver of redemption and of life.

Grant, O Lord, to Thy Church assurance of freedom and immunity from harm; give peace and order to all nations, and make the earth resound from pole to pole with one cry: “Praise be to the divine Heart that wrought our salvation; to it be glory and honor for ever.”

Amen.
"There are in truth three states of the converted: the beginning,  the middle and the perfection. In the beginning, they experience the charms of sweetness; in the middle, the contests of temptation; and in the end, the fullness of perfection."
-- Pope St. Gregory

“One day, through the Rosary and the Scapular, Our Lady will save the world.”
-- attributed to Saint Domenic
Quote:Kissing the Koran does more than imply respect; it implies acceptance. The concern should be for those peoples eternal souls. 

That is faulty logic. In that case, the European custom of kissing as greeting implies that everyone accepts everyone there.
Pray the Rosary

A Dieu mon ame,
Mon arme au roi,
Mon Coeur a la dame,
Mon honneur a moi!
(06-14-2018, 05:00 PM)ServusDei Wrote:
Quote:Kissing the Koran does more than imply respect; it implies acceptance. The concern should be for those peoples eternal souls. 

That is faulty logic. In that case, the European custom of kissing as greeting implies that everyone accepts everyone there.

Well, you can bet your eternal salvation on snarky semantics... it's your choice after all.

I will go with the prayer posted previously.
"There are in truth three states of the converted: the beginning,  the middle and the perfection. In the beginning, they experience the charms of sweetness; in the middle, the contests of temptation; and in the end, the fullness of perfection."
-- Pope St. Gregory

“One day, through the Rosary and the Scapular, Our Lady will save the world.”
-- attributed to Saint Domenic
[-] The following 1 user Likes CaptCrunch73's post:
  • jovan66102
After Vatican 2, the standards for canonization were watered down. That in itself makes JPII's canonization very questionable. Then add in his liberal theology on salvation, the death penalty, Feminism, etc. then think of the Assisi prayer meetings where you have Buddha on the alter. JPII was a Modernist liberal, through and through. It's worth noting that the preeminent  anti-Modernist theologian Fr. Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange was JPII's doctoral advisor in Rome, and he did NOT approve JPII's thesis.
http://sspx.org/en/news-events/news/dile...ul-ii-3298
The fact that God performed the miracles leading to Pope St. John Paul II's canonization mean that God totally approves Pope St. John Paul II's sainthood. If He did not, then it would be otherwise.
Pray the Rosary

A Dieu mon ame,
Mon arme au roi,
Mon Coeur a la dame,
Mon honneur a moi!