Francis tweets
I'm sure he's rooting for Argentina, but I haven't heard of any tweets about the fact that his homeland is descending to the abyss with the murder of the unborn!
[Image: 35228491_900863420085865_698143490260022...e=5BBE5987]
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

Sadly, yes, that is the case. He is good to leave it to us to tweet instead! Smile
MonstranceDeo Gratias et Ave Maria! Monstrance
(06-14-2018, 05:30 PM)ServusDei Wrote: Sadly, yes, that is the case. He is good to leave it to us to tweet instead! Smile

Maybe someone who tweets should ask him how the babies in Argentina who are going to be murdered will have a positive opportunity for encounter and fellowship.
(06-14-2018, 05:30 PM)ServusDei Wrote: Sadly, yes, that is the case. He is good to leave it to us to tweet instead! Smile

So instead of doing his duty as a Bishop to confirm the Brethren in the Faith, and as Pope to teach Catholic doctrine, it's good that he leaves it to us to tweet instead?
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

I was being sarcastic. But let's be serious. Tweeting is a very very informal way to do something like chastising the Argentinians. Since 76% of Argentinians are "Catholic" the Pope should impose canonical penalties on the laity who support abortion in that country by imposing an interdict, or even replacing some bishops.
(06-15-2018, 10:33 AM)ServusDei Wrote: I was being sarcastic. But let's be serious. Tweeting is a very very informal way to do something like chastising the Argentinians. Since 76% of Argentinians are "Catholic" the Pope should impose canonical penalties on the laity who support abortion in that country by imposing an interdict, or even replacing some bishops.

He won't, and you know it. But, if Pope Francis's successor is as liberal as he is, I'm sure you'll be saying there was nothing wrong with Pope Francis doing nothing after he becomes Pope St Francis.
Pope St. John Paul II was an extraordinary man. Even if Pope Francis becomes a saint, I will like Pope St. John Paul II more. John Paul had insights into the future and left us with a ton of letters on almost every subject. John Paul had a great devotion to our Blessed Mother, and it was She who prevented him from dieing after being shot. He was ready to forgive, great with adolescents, kind to all, humble, and available.
In less than 3 weeks, once heavily Catholic Ireland and Argentina vote to legalize abortion, and the acting Pope is pretty much silent. Sure sounds like dereliction of duty to me.
[-] The following 3 users Like Eric F's post:
  • Jacafamala, jovan66102, kunoichi
When he was archbishop of Buenos Aires he said that any Catholic politician who voted for abortion should consider himself excommunicated.
(06-16-2018, 01:31 AM)Poche Wrote: When he was archbishop of Buenos Aires he said that any Catholic politician who voted for abortion should consider himself excommunicated.

And when he became Pope he made the utterly ridiculous, false and harmful statement that the church had grown “obsessed” with abortion, gay marriage and contraception.
[-] The following 2 users Like Eric F's post:
  • jovan66102, Roger Buck