Heretical Hymn?
(06-18-2018, 12:34 PM)ServusDei Wrote: Get involved in your parish's music ministry and take control of what gets sung.

Or attend the traditional Mass and not have to listen to things are are borderline heretical or badly translated.
(06-18-2018, 12:41 PM)Paul Wrote:
(06-18-2018, 12:34 PM)ServusDei Wrote: Get involved in your parish's music ministry and take control of what gets sung.

Or attend the traditional Mass and not have to listen to things are are borderline heretical or badly translated.
Pax!  that is what led me to Trad Mass actually - I was tired of the surprises and unexpected changes.  I think we need to know what to expect when we get there and not start analyzing everything for the sake of heresy, corruption or not.  We are there to pray and receive communion and I see this as the devil's way of getting us off track!  God bless, angeltime :heart:
(06-18-2018, 12:46 PM)angeltime Wrote: I think we need to know what to expect when we get there and not start analyzing everything for the sake of heresy, corruption or not.  We are there to pray and receive communion and I see this as the devil's way of getting us off track!

Hymns like the one being discussed here are also the devil's way of getting us off track, and we need to recognise things like this so we don't fall into believing the wrong thing. People hear these sorts of hymns and start thinking that since we sing in church that we don't see Jesus during Communion, we're just being given bread - lex orandi, lex credendi, and when the orans becomes sloppy, the credens follows. Add in EMHCs, receiving in the hand while standing, the lack of confession, and a fasting rule of no eating on the way to church, and it's no wonder most Catholics don't believe in the Real Presence anymore.
[-] The following 2 users Like Paul's post:
  • angeltime, jovan66102
(06-18-2018, 12:46 PM)angeltime Wrote:
(06-18-2018, 12:41 PM)Paul Wrote:

Pax!  that is what led me to Trad Mass actually - I was tired of the surprises and unexpected changes.  I think we need to know what to expect when we get there and not start analyzing everything for the sake of heresy, corruption or not.  We are there to pray and receive communion and I see this as the devil's way of getting us off track!  God bless, angeltime :heart:

That is not always a guarantee against abuses and heresy. I was at a TLM and I saw something that really impressed me but then I later on learned that it was an abuse.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poche's post:
  • angeltime