Catholic Bishops Gear Up to Beat Trump in 2020
                                                              The Catholic bishops met in Fort Lauderdale a few days ago. The dominating topic of discussion was politics, specifically, their official guide to Catholic voters, Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship.

The Pope Francis faction, led by Cardinal Blase J. Cupich of Chicago, called for a complete rewriting of the document since it no longer represented "the new body of teaching" as taught by the present pontiff, specifically mentioning climate change, poverty, and immigration.
Bishop Robert McElroy of San Diego went a step further saying the present document doesn’t represent "Catholic teaching as it is now." https://www.newsmax.com/dealhudson/catho...id/866776/
On the subject of Blaise Cupich. On July 7, Chicago's biggest left wing troublemaker in the priesthood, Michael Pfleger of St Sabina's, recently announced that on July 7th he plans to shutdown the Dan Ryan Expressway to protest gun violence. i can't help wondering what Cardinal Cupich would do if a Traditional priest announced similar plans to shutdown an expressway to protest abortion or same sex marriage.
The Bishops want to get rid of the only pro-life president we've managed to get.
:monstrance:Deo Gratias et Ave Maria! :monstrance:
Pray the Rosary

A Dieu mon ame,
Mon arme au roi,
Mon Coeur a la dame,
Mon honneur a moi!
(06-19-2018, 01:03 PM)Eric F Wrote:                                                               The Catholic bishops met in Fort Lauderdale a few days ago. The dominating topic of discussion was politics, specifically, their official guide to Catholic voters, Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship.

The Pope Francis faction, led by Cardinal Blase J. Cupich of Chicago, called for a complete rewriting of the document since it no longer represented "the new body of teaching" as taught by the present pontiff, specifically mentioning climate change, poverty, and immigration.
Bishop Robert McElroy of San Diego went a step further saying the present document doesn’t represent "Catholic teaching as it is now." https://www.newsmax.com/dealhudson/catho...id/866776/

Most of us are just muddling thru, keeping our heads down and trying to be good Catholics.  The Bishops, Cardinals and Pope are not helpful.  The hierarchy of the Church lost control of the population years ago - pro-choice Catholics, anyone??
So no, I will not obey the Bishops on this.  Hell, they won't even name names when it comes to pro-choice candidates or political parties.  Trump and the Republicans are pro-life.  Pro-life gets my vote.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaryTN's post:
  • karl, Magdalene
MaryTN Wrote:The Bishops, Cardinals and Pope are not helpful.

I would change that to "Some Bishops and Cardinals are not helpful." There are some good Bishops and Cardinals out there, and the Pope is not a bad man, being the Vicar of Christ.
Pray the Rosary

A Dieu mon ame,
Mon arme au roi,
Mon Coeur a la dame,
Mon honneur a moi!
(06-19-2018, 01:03 PM)Eric F Wrote:                                                               The Catholic bishops met in Fort Lauderdale a few days ago. The dominating topic of discussion was politics, specifically, their official guide to Catholic voters, Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship.

It's kind of refreshing actually.  At least they are out in the open about identifying as a new church now.
(06-19-2018, 03:19 PM)ServusDei Wrote:

I would change that to "Some Bishops and Cardinals are not helpful." There are some good Bishops and Cardinals out there, and the Pope is not a bad man, being the Vicar of Christ.

Being the Vicar of Christ does not guarantee goodness. We've had plenty of bad Popes - the first one even denied knowing Christ - but until now, most of the bad ones only did things like have mistresses and promote their children or nephews to positions of power in the Church. They didn't try to change or deny doctrine.
Paul Wrote:but until now,

What did the Holy Father do that is worse than his predecessors? Expound.
Pray the Rosary

A Dieu mon ame,
Mon arme au roi,
Mon Coeur a la dame,
Mon honneur a moi!
(06-19-2018, 03:19 PM)ServusDei Wrote:

You could have fooled me. He praised Bonino as one of Italy's “forgotten greats” in 2016. To me he sounds pro-choice and anti-life as any democrat.
Say no to NO.
(06-19-2018, 04:32 PM)Paradosiakos Wrote: You could have fooled me. He praised Bonino as one of Italy's “forgotten greats” in 2016. To me he sounds pro-choice and anti-life as any democrat.

You mean Dr. Bicycle Pump?   :@