Cannabis Act Legal in Ontario
Pax et Bonum!  HI!    Canibus will now be legal in Ontario July 1st.  This might help everyone calm down and cope better over the many issues in our world and Church.  God bless, angeltime :heart:  *I know I spelled it wrong - that's how much I know about it!

Canibus July 1st
It really is ridiculous for cannabis to be illegal.  It shouldn't be any more of an issue for Catholics than drinking alcohol or smoking cigarettes.  Enjoy it in moderation, don't lose your ability to make wise decisions over it and it's not a big deal.
[-] The following 2 users Like Melkite's post:
  • formerbuddhist, Jeeter
Are you joking?

Seriously, are you joking?

Alcohol, cigarettes and cannabis can all be addictive but they are not all in the same category. One of these things can mentally screw you up for the rest of your life. Period.

Debilitating mood swings, psychotic breaks, delusions, paranoia, aggression and just total insanity are some of the side effects. If you tried it once and you thought no big deal I'm fine, then you're extremely fortunate and should thank God that you're not rolling around in a mental asylum somewhere. It is a mind altering drug, people. Your brain will never be the same. Read some Peter Hitchens and see how Britain is faring with all of this. This is very bad news.

It's not a coincidence that most criminals were using cannabis when they commited their worst crimes such as mass shootings etc. And, cigarettes are a big deal. They slowly destroy your body over time so no, I really don't agree. Alcohol is the only thing on this list that is only bad with over-use.
The big lobbies got exactly what they wanted if even Catholics are on board with this.
(06-20-2018, 03:41 PM)Cecilia9 Wrote: Are you joking?

Seriously, are you joking?

Alcohol, cigarettes and cannabis can all be addictive but they are not all in the same category. One of these things can mentally screw you up for the rest of your life. Period.

Debilitating mood swings, psychotic breaks, delusions, paranoia, aggression and just total insanity are some of the side effects. If you tried it once and you thought no big deal I'm fine, then you're extremely fortunate and should thank God that you're not rolling around in a mental asylum somewhere. It is a mind altering drug, people. Your brain will never be the same. Read some Peter Hitchens and see how Britain is faring with all of this. This is very bad news.

It's not a coincidence that most criminals were using cannabis when they commited their worst crimes such as mass shootings etc. And, cigarettes are a big deal. They slowly destroy your body over time so no, I really don't agree. Alcohol is the only thing on this list that is only bad with over-use.

Pax!  I met a lady about 5 yrs ago who was close to getting her Phd and fell in love with a guy who smoked pot and she tried it for the first time with him.  The relationship didn't last, and about 1 year after the smoking, she had a psychotic episode in her mother's home.  Her doctor said that she was predispositioned to have the psychotic episode and the pot brought it on quicker - "may" not have happened at all without the pot.  She lives in a group home now on meds and suffering from depression and temper episodes - her Phd is out the window.  It was very sad because of smoking it only a few times and meeting Mr Wrong, not Mr Right!  God bless, angeltime :heart:
[-] The following 1 user Likes angeltime's post:
  • Cecilia9
My mother in law works with psychosis patients and guess what brought them there. Cannabis. A whole lifetime, you ask? No. A teenager who tried it once. A college student who did it twice. A bunch of young people who thought - no big deal. Now, they will never get their minds back.

And that's not even mentioning every other mental disorder in the book. It should be self-evident to every Catholic why taking it is a sin. You lose control of your body, your senses and your judgement with just one use. Same thing with getting drunk except you have to take way more alcohol to get there.

And, I don't even drink so don't think that I'm saying that alcohol is perfect. It's the only thing you can really use without sinning. I just can't let a comment like this go on a Catholic board.
(06-20-2018, 04:04 PM)Cecilia9 Wrote: My mother in law works with psychosis patients and guess what brought them there. Cannabis. A whole lifetime, you ask? No. A teenager who tried it once. A college student who did it twice. A bunch of young people who thought - no big deal. Now, they will never get their minds back.

And that's not even mentioning every other mental disorder in the book. It should be self-evident to every Catholic why taking it is a sin. You lose control of your body, your senses and your judgement with just one use. Same thing with getting drunk except you have to take way more alcohol to get there.

And, I don't even drink so don't think that I'm saying that alcohol is perfect. It's the only thing you can really use without sinning. I just can't let a comment like this go on a Catholic board.
Pax!  I have worked with these people too and they are classified as schizophrenics for the most part.  It was heartbreaking to see them struggle every single day trying to get their mind back - and they can't - it is permanent.  I understand your comments for sure!  God bless, angeltime :heart:
Alcohol can’t be all bad. Jesus made the best wine ever at the wedding feast at Cana. :cheers:
Say no to NO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paradosiakos's post:
  • Cecilia9
Yes, alcohol is fine. I'm not saying it isn't. I've just noticed that there are a lot of people who get into this cannabis versus alcohol rut when they discuss this issue and I wanted to get it out of the way that alcohol can also be bad for you but you would have to use much more.
My not drinking is a personal choice - not saying that those who do moderately are bad.