Cannabis Act Legal in Ontario
I don't think anyone is trolling here. I'm only 31 and have two kids and I most certainly don't want them to grow up in a world where pot is still viewed as the devil's lettuce. Reefer Madness IS propaganda, propaganda that sadly still lives on to this day.

There may be a handful of cases where someone lost it from smoking pot, but that is most definitely the exception and not the rule. I have smoked an untold amount of pot with an uncountable amount of people and I've seen maybe one "bad" reaction back in high school with a newbie and he got right over it.

Pot ain't so bad. Trust me.
And there's nothing inherently sinful about smoking pot any more than smoking tobacco, so I don't know what saying we're Catholics is supposed to mean. Have you ever had real tobacco? It's not the garbage found in cigarettes to say the least.
And for the record Marijuana is NOT stronger than Alcohol by any measure. You don't get stoned off of one hit any more than you get drunk off of one beer.
[-] The following 2 users Like seanipie's post:
  • formerbuddhist, Melkite
(06-21-2018, 01:46 PM)Cecilia9 Wrote: Why is everyone on this website smoking pot?? This is just a joke now, seriously. How many more of you are going to come out of the floorboards? I'm actually laughing now. This is so ridiculous. Stop it, people! You're catholics!

Knowing that unadulterated cannabis is less harmful than alcohol and should be legalized doesn't mean that the person expressing such a thought is a pot smoker.

(06-21-2018, 01:46 PM)Cecilia9 Wrote: Voxclamantis, the only thing I can say is, 'really?' I guess I should start taking cocaine now. I'll inform everyone I know. If the pope says so, it must be fine. 

You're the one intimating that one can't be a Catholic and think drugs should be legalized. It's one thing to have an opinion; it's another to feign that it's Catholic teaching. 

It's a fact that Pope St. Pius X "did coke" and endorsed it. That doesn't mean using cocaine is a good thing to do, that one must do coke to be Catholic, etc. It's also a fact that one can be for legalizing coke and also be Catholic. One can be for legalizing coke and have never touched it and never plan on touching it. My opinion is that the evils brought about by the war on drugs are greater than the evils brought about by the abuse of drugs.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
I've never used it myself and have no plans on starting, for several reasons.  As a father, I wouldn't want my kids smoking it due to health concerns, but neither do I want them growing up in an environment where they could get locked up and lose a job for taking a puff.  I'd rather it be regulated so there's less risk of it being laced with something else.  Plus, the money wasted on incarcerations for marijuana possession could be better spent on other programs, such as infrastructure repair and watershed cleanup.  Although the government would probably still spend it on something goofy anyway, like studying the waddling habits of lesbian rhinoceroses.

This thread needs a soundtrack.

-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • formerbuddhist
(06-21-2018, 09:41 AM)Melkite Wrote:
(06-20-2018, 05:16 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: Marijuana in and of itself is pretty harmless,but one must take care because marijuana magnifies your personality and thought processes and for those with prexisting mental issues that can be bad. That being said there is an ABYSS of difference in effects between strains,with Indica varieties being less of a mind race type of high than a Sativa. 

I smoke a decent indica daily and it helps calm my nerves,relax and focus. I dont feel like it's leading me to the loony bin anytime soon and I've been a pot smoker on and off since the mid 90s.

I rarely smoke it anymore because it usually causes me to be paranoid, and I don't like the way it makes my body feel.  I tried a sativa strain in Colorado that was high CBD, low THC, and I thought that was great.  No mind high or alteration of perception.  Just a very mellow, relaxing, anti-anxiety mood for a few hours.  It's nice in the states that have legalized it too because you know what you're getting.  You know it won't have any additives in it that you aren't aware about, which I think is usually the cause of the problems Cecilia's referencing.
Cool,so you know what I mean about how different strains do different things and that certain strains exist that literally just leave you mellow,clear headed and relaxed. Honestly if all that was available were edibles or hardcore sativas i wouldn't touch the stuff.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
(06-21-2018, 01:46 PM)Cecilia9 Wrote: Why is everyone on this website smoking pot?? This is just a joke now, seriously. How many more of you are going to come out of the floorboards? I'm actually laughing now. This is so ridiculous. Stop it, people! You're catholics!

My husband just came home and is laughing at me too. He says that you're probably making fun of me. I think I've had enough now. Peace out!

I promise you, I'm not laughing at you.  I'm just saying you don't really know what you're talking about.
(06-21-2018, 02:03 PM)Jeeter Wrote: I've never used it myself and have no plans on starting, for several reasons.  As a father, I wouldn't want my kids smoking it due to health concerns, but neither do I want them growing up in an environment where they could get locked up and lose a job for taking a puff.  I'd rather it be regulated so there's less risk of it being laced with something else.  Plus, the money wasted on incarcerations for marijuana possession could be better spent on other programs, such as infrastructure repair and watershed cleanup.  Although the government would probably still spend it on something goofy anyway, like studying the waddling habits of lesbian rhinoceroses.

This thread needs a soundtrack.

HAHA, that visual!

Since it's the world we live in, can this song also be the soundtrack for those lesbian rhinoceroses as they waddle up to their local UU church to get married?
(06-21-2018, 02:03 PM)Jeeter Wrote: Although the government would probably still spend it on something goofy anyway, like studying the waddling habits of lesbian rhinoceroses.

:D

Rhinocerotes. Like octopodes. Or platypodes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
  • Jeeter
According to catechism 2291, it is a grave matter actually. Unless you don't believe in that anymore. Marijuana is worse than alcohol. Check out men's journal 9 things marijuana does to your body. Nobody will read it though because no one looked at the Peter Hitchens one either.

There were many things that had cocaine in them back in the day and people didn't know. Nobody knew it was bad. You can't bring the poor pope into this and say he endorsed it knowingly. That's dishonest of you.

How can you take care of your children and smoke pot daily? What if something happened to one of them? Could you be present enough to drive? What about second hand smoke? You're not allowed to hold a newborn if you don't put a towel over your chest first if you smoke cigarettes,
Marijuana etc. because of the risk. This is common knowledge.

I know I'm going to get pulverized here because it's only me against all of you but I just don't think it's right to do this on a Catholic board. I looked at other forums and most of the people heartily agreed with me. It is a sin. All of the books say so. I'm considering leaving fisheaters because this has been very off putting for me. Why can't you be more charitable when you disagree with someone?

Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean that I have 'no idea what I'm talking about'. That's just mean. I realize that I'm fighting against popular opinion on this forum now so I'm backing out. Maybe I'm not tough enough for debates on the internet.