Individual bishops should decide about Communion in mixed marriages, Pope says
Individual bishops should decide about Communion in mixed marriages, Pope says

I think this is the last straw. This is a desecration of the Eucharist. Didn't PF say that the Eucharist is not a prize? It will be a prize for protestants. Now individual Bishops should deside. This will be adoped by un-orthodox by the likes of Cardinal Whurl and Cupich. Decentralisation? Are we now to be like the Orthodox? In my eyes this will cause a second great schism. Although I believe we are in some sort of schism but now and it is being coverd up. This will be known to the whole world. We need someone to make a stand!

I know we are supposed to love the Pope but he is making it very difficult. God save Holy Mother Church and I pray that it be done soon!!!!
Bob

If my dog doesn't like you maybe I shouldn't either!!

“No one in the world can change Truth!”
St. Maximilian Kolbe, PRAY FOR US!
I like your signature, but you could add
"If the world is against the Truth then I am against the world!" - St. Athanasius
:monstrance:Deo Gratias et Ave Maria! :monstrance:
Pray the Rosary

A Dieu mon ame,
Mon arme au roi,
Mon Coeur a la dame,
Mon honneur a moi!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ServusDei's post:
  • BobR67
I was going to say, for better or worse, this is nothing new with this Pope, he is just referring to the law currently in place--but on closer look, it seems he has gotten it wrong.

From the article (my emphsis):
Quote:He said the guidelines went beyond what is foreseen by the Code of Canon law “and there is the problem.” The code does not provide for nationwide policies, he said, but “provides for the bishop of the diocese (to make a decision on each case), not the bishops’ conference.

On the contrary, canon law says (my emphasis):
Quote:§4. If the danger of death is present or if, in the judgment of the diocesan bishop or conference of bishops, some other grave necessity urges it, Catholic ministers administer these same sacraments licitly also to other Christians not having full communion with the Catholic Church, who cannot approach a minister of their own community and who seek such on their own accord, provided that they manifest Catholic faith in respect to these sacraments and are properly disposed.

I think most of us here would disagree with some of the German bishops as to what is a sufficient grave necessity, etc., but the law, at least, makes their subjective judgment the rule. I would love to see Rome provide additional clarification on this canon.
[Image: catherinesiena-1.jpg]

I am so thankful that I did not receive communion until I was baptized a Catholic. Those who would obscure this great, scriptural instruction of mercy do no favors to non-Catholics.
I mean I'm generally in favour of decentralization but this is ridiculous
"If your heart comes to feel a natural hatred for sin, it has defeated the causes of sin and freed itself from them. Keep hell’s torments in mind; but know that your Helper is at hand. Do nothing that will grieve Him, but say to Him with tears: ‘Be merciful and deliver me, O Lord, for without Thy help I cannot escape from the hands of my enemies.’ Be attentive to your heart, and He will guard you from all evil."

- St. Isaias the Solitary

"Constant action overcomes cold; being still overcomes heat. Purity
and stillness give the correct law to all under heaven."

- Tao Te Ching 45
Oh, but it is not "official" and the Church teaching really has not changed.....except for many it has and so sacrilege is continuing to be welcomed by the modernists in the Church who, in a sense, slap the face of Christ and disrespect His Body and Blood.  Could be hell to pay for that!
Ave Maria!